Chapter 2: The Prospal Dinner

It is Sunday morning; the entire Wilson household is getting ready for church. They attend Sunday School and the regular service. During service, the choir gets up and sings about five songs. Then the sermon starts. The congregation was hipped, and souls got saved.

Service has ended. Pastor Fred went to his study to freshen up and change. When he returns, he goes to speak to some of the members that are still there.

"Pastor, you show did preach today," said one of the members.

"Good afternoon, Pastor," said another member.

"Thank you, good seeing you," he said. After making his rounds he goes back to his study. First Lady knocks on his office door. "Come in," he said. She enters the office and has a seat across from him. "Service was good today. I'm about to head home and finish cooking dinner before our company comes. I'll see you when you get home."

She leaves to find Fátima so that she could ride with her.

Outside The Church

Fatima is outside talking to Summer. She is Paris' twin sister. She and Summer have been friends since middle school before she started dating her brother. They both are the lead singers in the church choir, so they have always competed against one another on who had the better voice. When they all graduated high school, Summer decided to go away to college. Unlike, Fatima, she had to get away from her parents, the church, and their rules. She ended up going to medical school, got married two years ago, and returned to Atlanta with her husband.

"Congratulations girl!" Said Summer excitedly. "I can't believe You're going to be my sister-in-law."

"Are you coming over for dinner?" asked Fatima.

"Yes, of course, Stephen and I would be there." Said Summer. "Let me go find him and I will see you later."

The girls part ways. Fatima goes back inside the church to wait on her mom.

***

They arrive home from church. Lady P changes her clothes and then starts cooking. "Fatima!" She yells. "Can you come to help me in the kitchen?" Fatima changes and goes downstairs to the kitchen to help her mom.

"Momma, this is a lot of food. Who did you invite?" Asked Fatima.

"Just Paris' family and your godmother, Cora." Cora is Fatima's godmother and Patricia's best friend. Around 4:00 everyone arrives.

Fatima finished setting the table and everyone sits down to eat. 

Pastor Fred said the grace and then Pat stands up to make a toast. "Before we start eating, I would like to make a toast to my daughter and my soon-to-be son-in-law on their engagement." Everyone raises their glasses and congratulates the couple.

After a couple of hours of eating and laughing everyone leaves.

Fatima studies for about an hour and then she calls her girls Andi and Lori.