Chapter 12: Confusion

The girls are back in the A. They enjoyed the trip.

She calls up Paris to let him know she made it home safely.

"Hey babe, how was the trip?" he asked.

"It was nice and much needed."

"Can I see you tomorrow after work? Maybe a dinner date," asked Paris. "I missed you."

"Yes, that sounds good. I miss you too."

"Alright get some sleep and I will talk to you tomorrow."

The next day Paris only worked half a day and then he went to meet with Zac.

They make an offer on the house and complete all banking information.

Fatima and Paris meet up for dinner. The wedding is only 5 weeks away.

Paris kisses Fatima. "You look nice."

"Thank you," said Fatima.

During dinner, Paris finds out from Zac that he is approved for the house. They just have a few final steps before closing.

"Babe, I have some exciting news!" Paris is ecstatic to tell Fatima about the house.

"What is it?"

He looked a little nervous. "I found us a house. I'm already going through the buying process with Zac."

Once she heard the name, Zac, she didn't hear anything else he was saying.

"Fatima! Fatima! Hello!"

"Um sorry, what were you saying?"

"I bought us a house."

"What happened to us finding one together?" She gets up and storms off.

He follows her outside.

"Fatima, what is your problem?"

"You're my problem. You never include me in anything. It's all about what you want."

"Please can you calm down? Let's go back to the restaurant."

Fatima is standing at the car with her arms folded.

He goes back to the restaurant to pay for the food and get it to go. She texts Zac.

Fatima: Why didn't you tell me he met with you and is in the process of buying a house?

Zac: Sorry, but it was not my place. Besides we ended things.

Fatima: Whatever

Zac: Don't be mad at me, be mad at your fiancé.

Paris walks out and they get in the car and drive off. The remainder of the drive was quiet.

Paris has done everything to get Fatima to forgive him. After three weeks he does the final walk-through with Zac. He asks Fatima did she want to go. She only agrees because she wants to see Zac.

They get to the house and take a walk-through. Zac is watching Fatima the entire time trying to read her body language and facial expressions. While Fatima keeps avoiding him but tries to get his attention at the same time. It's like Paris is not even there.

"Babe, how did you like the house?" asked Paris.

"She fakes a smile. "Babe it was nice. I like it."

Zac ends up coughing. "Sorry."

"Everything looks good," said Paris.

"Alright, let me get you the closing information and you will be good to go."

***

It is the week of the wedding. Fatima has just a few more things to finalize.

She gets a text from Zac.

Zac: What are you doing?

Fatima: I'm just going over a few wedding details.

Zac: You know you don't have to do this right? Meet me at this address.

He sends her the address.

Fatima: Zac I can't do this right now.

Zac: I just want to talk to you.

Fatima: I will text you when I leave.

About 30 minutes Fatima arrives at the location. It's a park.

"What are we here for?" asked Fatima.

"I want to make sure you are serious about marrying this guy. Just a month ago you were asking me to take you on vacation to fuck you. He treats you like you don't matter at times. You're not happy and you haven't even married him yet. You should be excited right now. T, why put yourself through this?"

"I'm good Zac."

"So, did you like the house? Be honest?"

"No, I didn't like it."

"Exactly my point. Who buys a house for their woman without knowing if she would like it first."

"Oh, so you know what I like?" she asked him.

"Yep, get in the car and I bet you I can take you to one of your dream homes. This is the house I wanted to show you and your fiancé before ya'll decide to put a hold on house hunting."

She gets in the car, and he takes her to a house about 20 minutes away. It is a contemporary modern home. It is beautiful. Exactly Fatima's style.

"What do you think? Do you like it? And don't lie to me like you did Urkle."

Fatima pauses for a minute before she answers. "Yes, Zac I love it. Is it available? Can we look inside?"

"Give me a few minutes and let me see."

He goes to make a phone call and then returns to the car.

"Let's go take a look at it."

"How did you do that?"

"Your boy got connections."

That turned Fatima on. Everything Zac does turns her on. They go inside the house to take a look. It has the colors and style she likes. They go into each room, and she falls in love.

"Ok, you got me. This is a nice house."

He watches her facial expressions as she looks at this home versus the one Paris bought. He takes a mental note.

They leave the house and go back to the park. After a few hours of talking, they go their separate ways.

The next morning, Fatima calls Paris.

"Hey, what you doing? Can we talk?" Fatima asked.

"I thought we were going to work out?"

"Um, let's talk first."

She gets dressed and meets Paris at his Parent's house.

She knocks on the basement door.

"Hey babe, what's up?" asked Paris.

She sits down on the bed.

"Paris I can't go through with the wedding." She takes of the ring and hands it to him.

"Fatima, what are you doing?"

"I'm not happy in this relationship and I haven't been for a while. I've just been going with the flow. Doing what you want and my parents."

"So, are you saying you don't want to marry me or be with me?"

"Yes. That's exactly what I'm saying." she gets up to leave. "And by the way I don't like that house."

He follows her outside. By that time his sister, Summer arrives.

"What's up T?" she asked.

"The wedding is off." she said. She then gets in the car and drives off.