Chapter 3: Zachary Taylor

Zachary Taylor, a big-time Realtor in Atlanta. He owns Taylor Your Home, LLC. Several years ago, he moved to Atlanta from New York to start over after he completed his six months of probation. Ten years ago, when he was 21, he served a year in jail for possession of drugs. When he got out, he had to do six months of community service for his probation. His probation officer gave him the number to a guy that manages a program for convicted felons, where he met Robin. It is a place where they renovate homes for vets and disabled seniors. Robin was the manager there.

When he got out of jail, he had no place to live and no money, so he stayed with his ex-girlfriend, Karen. After a while, she kicked him out because he couldn't help with the bills. One night Robin found him sleeping in one of the renovated homes. They talked for a while, and he decided to help him out. He stayed in Robin's basement until he completed his community service. Zac loved doing the renovations and decided what he wanted to do next.

Robin gave Zac the contact information of his cousin, Jake in Atlanta. They hit it off and are now business partners. He worked hard not to go back to where he used to be and with Robin and Jake's help, they found a way to make it happen.

After returning from New York, he hits up his boys to see if they wanted to play in the Atlanta streets. "Hey man, what you got going on later tonight? I wanted to go out to the club or somewhere," he asked.

"Sure man, that's what's up. Just let me know which club," said Preston. Preston and Zac have been friends for a few years after Zac sold him and his wife their dream home.

"Alright, I'm going text Jake and see if he wants to go," Zac texts Jake who agreed to go. "How about Club Blue?"

"Alright," said Preston.

"Oh, can you swing by and pick me up? I don't want to drive my Porsche to no damn club." Asked Zac.

A couple of hours later Preston and Zac arrive at the club. Club Blue is the sister company to Club Eden, both owned and operated by Marilyn "Madam" Deville. Madam shares ownership with her good friend and right hand, Blue. 

"Man, what are you doing here?" Jake asked Preston. "Ole wifey let you get out?"

"She knows I'm good, besides she sent me to come to babysit ya'll fools," Preston jokes.

Zac comments back, "Oh I don't need no babysitting. I just came to find somebody I can have a good time with tonight."

"Yeah, that's about all you will find here," Jake said looking around the club.

Zac goes to the bar. "First round of drinks on me."

"Nope, first on me and anything after that is yours," said a lady.

"Madam!"

"Zachary!"

They hug each other. "Thanks, Madam. You remember my homeboys, Jake and Preston?"

"Nice to see you guys again," said Madam. "Alright I will talk to you later, got some business to handle."

Zac and Madam met two years ago through business.

Zac sees a group of fine ladies, "I'll be back ya'll." He walks towards them.

A few drinks later Zac and the girls were out on the dance floor, grinding and shaking all over him. The night ended with Zac home alone. He's not into sleeping with randoms anymore.

The next morning Zac gets up to go to work. He has a few appointments. The first appointment is for first-time homebuyers. They are looking for something in Metro Atlanta for $1 million.

Zac meets them at the first house. "Hi, I'm Zachary Taylor with Taylor Your Homes."

"Hi, I am Dr. Stephen Hudson, and this is my wife Dr. Summer Hudson."

"Nice to meet both of you. So, we have two doctors, that's awesome. How long have you been married?" Zac asked.

"About two years," Dr. Stephen answered.

"Well, let's make sure we find you the perfect home." Zac opens the door to the first home and shows them around trying to get a feel of what they like and don't like in a home. "What do you think about this home? And please be honest."

Dr. Summer takes a look around. "It's not that I don't like it, but it's not given me that home feels."

"She is going to be a hard one to please," her husband said.

"There is nothing I can't handle, besides I'm always up for a challenge," said Zac.

"Zachary, can we look at the other one on Bronze Street?" Asked Summer.

"Sure, but please call me Zac."

They leave that house and follow Zac to Bronze Street. That house is nice, but as the Hudsons and Zac continue to talk, he knows exactly what they want and needs for the perfect house.

"I think I have the perfect house for you two. I have a few in mind. Please give me a few days and I will call you." Zac said confidently.

"No problem, man. Thanks," said Dr. Stephen.

"Thank you so much, Zac. I can't wait." Said, Dr. Summer.

Everyone gets in their car and drives off. Zac heads back to the office to look at some properties online until his next appointment.