Chapter 8: Last Night

Fatima's POV

If he doesn't stop scooting close to me. It's starting to get hot in here, either it's the wine or him. Look at him looking so good in his shorts and his muscle shirt. Did he just put his arms around me? Girl you better lean in closer.

Zac's POV

Damn, I know she got a man, but it seems like he ain't doing something right. I mean look at how fine she is, ain't no way that Urkle-looking dude is hitting it right. Don't drink too much Zac, or else you went try something you shouldn't.

She leans into him as he puts his arm around her. Before you know it they start kissing.

Zac puts his arm on her leg and his hand works his way up under her dress. She stops him.

"My bad, I thought you..."

"It's ok," Fatima said. "I think I should go."

Fatima gets up from the couch.

"Let me go put on another shirt and I'll take you to get your car." The car ride was quiet. Once they made it back to the office Zac broke the silence. "Look I'm so sorry about what happened. I know you are in a relationship, so I never should have made a pass."

"It's okay Zachary. You didn't do anything I didn't want. To call it truce come here." She kisses him again. "Thank you for an amazing time."

She gets out of the car and leaves him speechless.

Once she arrives home, she pulls his business card out of her purse and texts him.

Fatima: Hi Zachary, just wanted to let you know I made it home safely 😉

Zac: Good. It was nice hanging out with you. Goodnight Beautiful. 😉

Fatima: Goodnight.

Fatima gets in the house and goes to shower.
She then goes to bed.

What are you doing Fatima? You are engaged. You should be ashamed of yourself. Paris will never forgive you. She thought as she lays in bed tossing and turning.

She wakes up in the morning to a text from Paris.

Paris: Hey I made it back in town. Oh, good morning, it's kind of early so I will talk to you later.

Fatima waits before she texts back. She can't see him today. It is too much. She just remembered she has a dress-shopping appointment with the girls.

Fatima: Good morning. No problem. I will be with the girls all day today, dress shopping.

Paris: great, talk to you soon.

Now she has to figure out how to go without Summer. She needs to talk to her girls about last night, but she can't do that with his sister there.

She gets ready to dial Lor's number, but then she stops. I'll just do the dress hunt with everyone and then invite the other two over later. I'm pretty sure Summer will gave to get back to her husband early anyway. She thought.

After a few hours, all the girls meet up at the bridal shop. She tries on a few dresses, but none of them are what she wants. 

"How about we call it a day? We can try another store next week," Fatima said.

"That's fine," said Summer. "I have a hot date with the hubby anyway."

Summer leaves. Fatima asked the other two what they had planned because she had some tea to spill.

"I could use some good tea," Lori said.

"Let's meet at my house," Andi said as they all get in their vehicle.

They arrive at Andi's. 

"So, girl what's going on? You didn't look like you were excited to try on dresses," asked Andi.

Fatima looks at them like she is about to cry, "I kissed a man."

Lori gets all excited, "What? Who is he?"

"The realtor that sold Summer her house."

"Well, damn, T. Spill it," said Lori.

Fatima tells them everything that went down.

"I'm lost for words," Andi sips her drink.

"I'm not, this is getting good," said Lori. "I need some popcorn."

"Please don't say anything to Summer."

"Girl, why would we do that?" asked Lori.

"T, are you still going through with the wedding?" Andi asked curiously.

"Of course, I mean it was just a kiss," she responded. "But I'm not telling Paris."

"Shoot after what he did to you in college, ya'll ain't even until you sleep with Mr. Sexy Realtor."

They all laugh. 

"I got to go. I haven't seen or talked to Paris since he returned."

"Girl you better take that to your grave," said Lori.

"Messy Lori. It was just a kiss. She is about to get married to a nice guy. She barely knows this Realtor guy." Said, Andi.

"Fatima grabs her purse. "Buy ya'll."

She heads to her car and dials Paris' number.