Chapter 37: Family Reunion

For the most part, the visit was good, until one of Zac's uncles got out of hand.

Meet Uncle Tony

Uncle Tony is Tamela's youngest brother. He is the sorry one in the family. Can't keep a job, smokes, and drinks. He has about 8 kids by 5 women. When the Family Reunion started everyone was hoping he wouldn't show up, but he did.

"Hey nephew, good to see you home. Is Atlanta treating you right?" Asked Uncle Tony.

"Yep, glad to be home," Zac responded.

"Zachary, can you go bring me some plastic utensils out of the kitchen?" Ms. Tamela asked.

He does what he is told.

"Ma have you seen Fatima?"

No, baby, I haven't."

As soon as he walks back into the house, he hears someone yell.

As Fatima was about to walk up the stairs, Uncle Tony slaps her on the ass.

Fatima turns around and backslaps him. That's when Uncle Tony grabs by the neck. "You fucking bitch."

As soon Zac saw what was going on he ran over pulled his uncle off Fatima and started punching him. He punched him until he was bleeding and unconscious.

"Don't you ever put your fucking hands on my lady?" Yelled Zac.

Everyone came to see what all the commotion was about.

"Zac, what is going on?" asked his mother.

This fucking bastard put his hands on Fatima. Everyone was looking shocked. Fatima felt embarrassed and ran out of the room to the guest room.

"But Zac did you have to hit him to death?" Ms. Tamela asked.

"Well, he's not dead. Even though I should have unalive him." Zac goes upstairs to check on Fatima. 

"Hey Babe, I'm sorry about that. Are you okay?"

"Yes, I'm okay."

"What do you want to do? We can leave now, or we can stay?" Asked Zac.

"Can we just stay up here for a little while?" Fatima asked as she cuddled next to Zac.

Back downstairs

The family attends to Uncle Tony. He finally comes to, but his nose is bleeding.

"I think his nose is broken. Should we call 911?" Asked a cousin.

"No. Just get some ice and tissue paper for his nose." Said Tamela. "Let me go check on Zac and Fatima."

She knocks on the door. "It's your mom."

Zac goes into the hallway to speak to her. "Sorry Mom, but we are leaving in the morning."

"Zac, do you have to leave like this?" She asked.

"Maybe you can come to Atlanta to visit soon."

"Ok," Ms. Tamela kisses him on the cheek. 

***

After a while Zac and Fatima have made it back home. He drops Fatima off first and then he heads home.

The next couple of days they hadn't talked much. He was giving her the necessary space. Fatima is the type that shuts down when she is hurting or feeling down. After a few days, Zac decided to plan a nice dinner date for them. He texted her all the details and Fatima agreed. She wore this navy-blue satin wrap dress, showing off all her legs just like he likes it. She decides to curl her hair in big curls giving it a spiral look.

He goes to pick her up from Andi's. "Hey, babe. You look good." He gives her a big hug.

"I missed you. How are you?" Zac asked putting his arm around her waist.

"I'm good, Zac."

He gives her this look like he didn't believe her. "Are we good? Does this have anything to do with...?"

"Yes, we are good. But I don't want to talk about it right now." Fatima interrupted. "Let's not mess up the date.

"Ok. Fine, but we are going to talk later."

They squash it for now and head to dinner. They talked like they didn't miss a beat.

"Guess what?" Fatima asked Zac.

"What's up?"

"I'm scheduled to take the bar in two weeks," Fatima sounded excited.

Zac gets up and goes to the other side of the table to hug her. "That's great. You'll do great. I love you, babe," said Zac.

Fatima looked at him smiling, "I love you too.

They leave and go back to Zac's place. He takes her to the courtyard in the back of his townhouse. There is soft music playing in the background. 

He gets down on one knee

He gets down on one knee. "Fatima Wilson. You are the most important person to me. I wake up thinking about you and go to sleep thinking about you, but that's not enough for me. I want to wake up and go to sleep next to you forever and ever. I want to share every milestone and every achievement with you. I've known what I've wanted since the first day I met you in Club Eden, lol, and that is you, babe. Fatima Rene' Wilson, will you marry me?"

Fatima is shocked and speechless, but after a few seconds she utters the words, "Yes, yes, yes." They kiss passionately and then Zac places the ring on her finger.

She looked down at the ring. "You did a good job babe." It was a rose gold 2 carat diamond ring.

After they get off the excitement of what just occurred, they sit down in front of the centerpiece. Zac had it all planned out. He had hired a chef to cook for them. They had filet mignon, mashed potatoes, and asparagus with some Stella Rosa wine (Fatima's favorite).

The night ended just the way it should. They cuddle next to each other while looking at the stars.

"Babe, tonight was perfect," Fatima said as she kissed her Fiancé. The kiss deepened as he grabs her neck pulling her in closer. Moving his hands across her body.

"I want to taste you and make sweet love to you." He whispers as he removes her clothes and lays her on her back. Zac kisses her body entirely, marking his way down to her center. They make love right outside under the stars and candlelight's.