Chapter 31: Visitor

Fatima has finally had a chance to make it up to Summer for missing her birthday party. They made plans for this weekend. She, Andi, and Lori decided to take Summer to a Karaoke Bar. They know how much Summer loves to sing and they can have fun while doing so.

The girls all meet up at Summer's house. 

"Hey Summer," Fatima greets her.

"Hey Friend, give me a hug. It seems like forever since we've seen each other." Summer says.

The two hug and then head out the door." 

"Have you two finally made up?" asked Lori.

Summer and Fatima look at each other. "I guess so. It's not even that serious anymore," said Fatima.

"Besides, she and my brother have moved on, right?" Summer said while looking for confirmation. "So, we should be able to get along now." 

Fatima didn't respond.

"Come on T, Paris already told me what happened. Are you and Mr. Realtor a thing?"

"No, we are not a thing. Just hanging out," Fatima said annoyingly. 

"Well ok, if you say so. Let's go and sing our hearts out."

They start the karaoke machine and then get on stage. Since Fatima and Summer can sing, they paired Lori and Fatima against Summer and Andi. They had a great time and were ready to leave.

"Oh my God, I had so much fun," said Summer. "Thank you, guys. I needed this." 

"Here is my gift, I forgot to send it by Andi last week." Fatima handed her the gift bag.

It was a designer handbag. Summer was sort of bougie. All the girls are, but Summer is one of those that you can't stand. Meaning she expects nothing but designers from her man, friends, and family. She has that, if you can't afford it, just don't get her nothing, type of attitude.

"Aww thank you, girl." Summer opens the gift and loves it. "You know we've always had similar taste in clothes and accessories. Now men, cars, etc., I plead the fifth."

Lori chimes in, "Oh hush your bougie ass up."

"LOR!" Fatima yelled.

"I'm sorry for using that word Pastor T, but she is always saying the most," said Lori.

"Oh no, you always have to start something with me," said Summer.

"Fatima, get your girl. I know we are here celebrating her birthday. But if she wants to live to see another one, she better step back.

"Oh Lord have mercy. What are we going to do with you two," said Andi.

"I have to save my mental peace. So, remind me not to invite these two to the same event ever again." Fatima grabbed her stuff so they could leave.

"I've just come to terms with this is how it will be. We have fun for a second and then they get into it." Andi responded to Fatima.

***

It had been a few days since Zac and Fatima had seen each other. He had been swamped with work and now that it is a Friday evening, he can finally catch a break. Zac was ready to get off and enjoy the weekend, hopefully with Fatima.

His phone rings.

"Hey Cuz, what's up?"

"Hey, Zacho. What are you doing right now?"

"Umm, I'm just getting off from work," Zac is nervous as to why she asked.

"I need a place to stay. Just one night."