Chapter 21: Finding Me

6 months later

It's been 6 months since everything occurred. Fatima started working as a paralegal after finishing her law degree to make money and pay Andi some rent. She doesn't go out much or talk to anyone besides Andi and Lori.

Of course, her mom and Summer have called, but she sends them straight to voicemail.

"You still aren't talking to your mom?" asked Andi. "What if it's an emergency?

They have your number and address.

"Fatima, you have to get out. All you do is sit at home all day and go to work. You've lost weight and you're losing yourself. I've been trying not to say anything, and let you heal on your own, but I love you too much to see you let yourself go. Maybe you should talk to my therapist," said Andi as she puts her therapist's business card on the dresser. "Just think about it, please."

Fatima thought to herself. Maybe she's right. I'm tired of letting everyone run my life. Fuck um, all.

***

She kept thinking about what Andi said and decided to call the therapist. She started seeing her two times a week.

"Hello, Ms. Wilson. How have you been since our last session?" asked the therapist.

"I've been doing a lot better, Dr. Lisa."

"Ok. In a journal, I want you to write a letter to your mom, ex, yourself, and anyone else you can think of. In the letter, write them how they make you feel, what you need from them, and what you want to say to them."

"Should I give them the letters or keep them for myself?" asked Fatima.

"It's up to you," said Dr. Lisa. "If there is nothing else, I would like to see you again next week."

When she gets home, she starts on the letters. Her first letter is to her mom.

She starts the letter and then stops. Her emotions start to get the best of her. This is going to be harder than I thought.

It is now midnight, and she has finally finished the letter, which turned into 6 pages. She mails it to her mom.

***

It's the weekend and Lori comes by.

"Hey T, how you doing? You're looking better. Like you've been sleeping more," Lori said.

"I guess I've been getting a lot off my chest."

"You want to hang out with me and Andi, maybe go to the club?"

Fatima doesn't want to go, but she agrees anyway. "Sure."

After a few hours, she goes to get ready. She puts her faux locs in an updo with light makeup. Her outfit is to die for. She wears a fitted, black faux leather jumpsuit that is buttoned down up top to show a little cleavage. With that, she has on some clear pumps and a black Louis Vuitton purse.

Andi has on a black faux leather mini skirt with a black see-through shirt and red pumps.

Lori on the other hand is not afraid to go all out. She has on some sexy thigh-high boots with a black mini dress that dips down her lower back.

The girls are ready to hit the streets. They get to Club Eden and notice a lot of fine men.

They find a seat and then order a few drinks.