Chapter 39: NY to ATL

Three months later

Fatima and Zac have been focused on planning their wedding. Fatima has passed the bar. After the incident with Paris, they talked about it and moved forward. Paris is now in rehab. He had started drinking a lot and acting out. Fatima told her dad they were engaged and of course, he told her mom. How does she feel about it? We will soon find out.

Zac's POV

"Hey, mom. Sorry, it took so long to call you back I've just been so busy."

"Too busy for your mom?" Asked Ms. Tamela.

"No, of course not. With the wedding and work, I barely have time for anything else.

"Well, I was calling to let you know I was coming to Atlanta. Teeka has a gig in two weeks, and she asked me if I wanted to ride with her," his mom said.

"Ok, that's what's up. I would love for you to come. Maybe you can spend some time with Fatima," Zac thought. "Just let me know what day ya'll will be coming so I can change around my work schedule."

"Ok, thank you, babe. Love you."

"Love you too, Mom."

They both hang up the phone. Zac goes out to get some lunch and calls Fatima.

"Hey babe, what's up?" Zac asked.

"Just leaving the gym," Fatima said getting in the car. For the last couple of months, she has been hitting the gym a lot trying to get fit for the wedding.

"Did you get your smoothie yet?" Zac asked. He was turning into the Smoothie King that Fatima frequent.

"No, I just pulled out of the parking lot of the gym. Headed to get one now though."

7 minutes later Fatima arrives and notices Zac's car.

While still on the phone with him she asked, "Babe is that you?" She parks beside him and excitedly gets out of the car to hug Zac. He reaches and kisses her then grabbed her hand. They walk into the smoothie place.

"What are you doing here?" She asked.

"I just wanted to see my lady, my fiancé," he kisses her again. He purchases them both a smoothie and sat at the little table in the shop.

"So, my mom is coming down in two weeks with Teeka."

"Ok. That's nice."

"I told her maybe she could help you go dress shopping or something. No pressure, it's up to you."

"We will see when she comes down."

They drink their smoothie and then Zac gets a text from Jake to meet him at the office.

"Fatima, I have to go back to the office. I was on lunch break, and I wanted to see you," he kissed her again and walks her back to her car, "I love you."

Zac drives back to the office and Fatima drives home to log in to work. Working as a paralegal she works remotely which allows her to be flexible, go to the gym, and run errands during the day. She likes her job, but on the 1st of the month, she will be starting a new job as an associate attorney.

***

After a couple of weeks passed, it is the day his mom and cousin were arriving. Zac had changed his schedule around, so he doesn't have to work as much while they are in town. His cousin said they would be getting in by 8:00 pm. She rented a car because she had to make a stop in Washington for a night for one gig and Atlanta for the rest of the week for another gig.