Chapter 1: Introduction

Fatima is a 28-year-old law student. After receiving her accounting degree, she returned to school a few years later to study law. She sings in the choir and works on the finance committee at her father's church. As a PK, the standards are held high for her. She was always the perfect child, but now as an adult, she is tired of living under her parents' rules and expectations.

Her father, Fredrik Wilson, is the lead pastor at Ray of Sunshine Baptist Church. Her mom, Patricia Wilson is not just the First Lady, but also the choir director and a nurse. She also has a younger brother, Patrick, who is 13 and plays the drums at church.

It's a Thursday morning, and Fatima wakes up and does her morning routine. She has class this morning and then she is going to work out with her boyfriend Paris. Before she leaves, she makes a smoothie for breakfast and heads out the door.

After class, she texts Paris to let him know she was on the way to the park.

"Hey babe," Paris hugged her. He is 6'2" with a pecan complexion, a curly temple fade haircut, and a slim statue.

She hugged him back. "You ready to get beat?"

"Just make sure you stretch this time; I don't want to hear you complaining about being sore later," said Paris.

"And if I do then you're going to give me another massage."

They finish stretching, then started off jogging. Afterward, they sit on a nearby bench to rest.

"Fatima, have you thought about our future together anymore?" Asked Paris.

"You mean about you buying us a house? So we can both move out of our parent's house, of course," Fatima joked.

"You're funny. You know I've been saving up for a house, that's the only reason I'm still living there."

She changes the subject. "Ooh, I'm getting hungry. Can we go to Panera Bread?"

"Yeah, come on. Let's go."

Paris Johnson is a Software Engineer. He is a well-put-together young man, smart, and financially savvy. After a full-ride scholarship at Howard University, he returned home to live with his parents to save money to buy a house for himself and his future wife, Fatima. So far, he has about $200k-300k saved up.

He and Fatima have been dating on and off for ten years. She met him at church when they were kids. His parents are the deacons and deaconesses of her father's church. He is head over hills with her, but Fatima hasn't felt the same in a while. If it was up to both parents, they would already be married.

"Hey, let's ride together and then we will come back and pick up your car," Paris said as he opens the door for her to get in. "Fatima, I want us to start looking for a house."

"Umm, we haven't even gotten married yet. What's the rush? What's going on Paris?"

"Nothing. I've just been doing a lot of thinking lately. I almost lost you once and I'm not going to do that again."

Paris grabs her hand and kisses it. "I love you."

They get to Panera Bread, eat, and then go back to get her car from the park.

Fatima kisses Paris and then gets out of the car. "Alright, I will see you later. Love you."

"Love you more."

Fatima is a virgin. Paris and she have been waiting for marriage to have sex for religious reasons. When he went off to college, he met someone at a party and had a one-night stand. She has not been able to get over it, because they had always talked about their first time being together, getting married, and having kids. After a year of him begging and pleading, they got back together. Since then, she has been slowly drifting away from him. Although she loves him, she is no longer in love.