Null's Plan

Herobrine froze when he heard this and Steve also looked at Null in shock.

Apparently he hadn't known why he had been captured either, but Herobrine hardly noticed.

"That's impossible," he replied instead while taking a few steps back and looking at Null with an uncertain look,"You can't take away the power of gods, let alone their immortality!"

"That's what I thought," Null replied with a smile before letting go of Steve and moving back towards Herobrine,"But apparently it's possible. With this."

With those words, he raised a hand and conjured up what Herobrine immediately recognized as a mage's wand.

It was about the height of Null, and the wand was made of relatively plain dark wood, but Herobrine barely had a glance at it.

His attention was on the crystal that was at the top end of the wand, making it possible for the mages to use their magic.

It was completely transparent, but it shimmered far too much and a strange coldness emanated from it, so it could not possibly be simple glass.

"Cool, right?" Null said in a proud voice, while Herobrine was still looking at the staff with wide eyes,"The crystal is made of a material so old that it is unknown where its coming from, even to me. Some would say it is not of this world."

At these words he grinned strangely.

Herobrine only looked at him in confusion, but he decided not to inquire further.

He knew from experience that Null would not give him a helpful answer anyway.

"And how do you steal someone's powers?" he asked instead, to which Null just grinned wickedly.

"Like this!" he replied, pointing the staff at Steve, who was now anxiously pressing himself against the column he was chained to and, to Herobrine's surprise, actually looked panicked.

But before he could wonder any further, a bright flash of light shot out of the staff and struck Steve directly in the chest, causing him to double over and let out a muffled scream.

Herobrine watched with a mixture of amazement and shock as a bluish light emerged from Steve's chest and grew longer and longer as it traveled across the light bridge and then into the crystal.

However, he hardly had time to look at it closely, because just a moment later, the flow of blue light from Steve's chest stopped, whereupon the light, which was still halfway there and had been moving relatively slowly until then, suddenly accelerated and shot into the staff at lightning speed, causing another flash of light so bright that Herobrine had to close his eyes.

When he opened it again, he saw Null holding the staff with a triumphant grin and staring at the crystal, which was no longer empty but contained the blue light that was now swirling wildly there, emitting a low hum.

"See?" he continued a moment later in an enthusiastic voice as he pointed to the tip of the staff with a satisfied grin, "Steve's power is now trapped in this crystal and can only be released by the holder of the staff. However, only very powerful beings can withstand this kind of power, which is currently only us gods. Those with too little or no power would die at the mere touch or at the latest after a few minutes of holding the staff in their hands."

"I also wouldn't recommend you to touch the crystal itself," he added with a serious look,"this thing is greedier than someone who has been lost in the desert for 3 weeks and it sucks your power faster than you can teleport."

"Here, wanna hold it?" he continued with an expectant look at Herobrine.

He looked at him uncertainty before taking heart and grabbing the staff.