A hard decision

Nuka sat in a small, dimly lit, stone cell. Again.

He wrapped his arms around his knees, staring sadly at the floor.

He had expected to be locked up again, but this time it was much worse than in Melodia, especially because he was alone again.

Nuka grimaced as he thought about it.

It hadn't been long since the guards had dropped him off here but it already felt so much longer.

Especially since there was nothing to distract him from his gloomy thoughts.

Originally, he had hoped to meet Einshine here, but that too proved to be a fallacy, which worried Nuka greatly.

What has happened to him? he asked himself again as he ran his fingers nervously through his hair, causing the chains on his wrists to clink softly It's not like him to just disappear like that. After all, he promised me he'd take her to the portal and lead her through.

I wish I'd had the chance to ask Roxana and the others about it, he added, glancing at the rusty iron door opposite him through which the muffled and barely perceptible voices of his guards penetrated.

I wonder what kind of plan they'll come up with against Null? wincing as he remembered the throne room scene again, where Null had shown him his powers and superiority very clearly.

He himself had no idea how to achieve this, but luckily most of the group were wiser and more experienced than him, especially Steve, so they would certainly be able to come up with a good plan against him, wouldn't they?

Hopefully Hero will still be alive then, if they even find one he added with a quick worried glance at the door And hopefully they'll decide to save him now that I can't...

With that thought, he sniffled softly and buried his face in his arms as he remembered how shocked and distraught Herobrine had looked the last time he'd seen him.

He was so against me agreeing to Null's deal... Nuka thought sadly, but what else was I supposed to do? If I hadn't said yes, he would have just killed me and that would have been the end of us...

How is he doing? he continued to ask himself and he felt his heart grow heavy Probably not too well after all this time without a potion from Roxana. I wonder if he's worried about me? Is he still conscious at all? Has Null already done something to him?

Nuka couldn't help but suppress a soft whimper at the thought.

If only he could help him...

But before he could think about it any further, he was distracted by a small commotion outside his door, followed by two thuds and the sound of a key being pushed into the lock.

Nervous and unsure of who it might be, Nuka sat up and looked tensely at the door, which bursted open a moment later and Nuka's heart skipped a beat as he looked into familiar shining white eyes with matching black mask belonging to none other than the Griefer he had just been thinking about.

Speechless, Nuka stared at him.

"Einshine?" he asked for a moment and he could feel his mood suddenly improve as the Griefer entered the cell and hastily closed the door behind him, "I... I can't believe you're here! You don't know how happy I am to see you! I thought you... you were..."

"We don't have time for this!" the gryphon interrupted him, stressed out, "We have to leave, fast!"

"Leave?" Nuka repeated, confused, while his friend hurriedly knelt down next to him and tried to open his chains with a bunch of keys that he had probably stolen from the guards, "Why? It is safe here..."