One less

Nuka froze when he heard that.

"What?!" he heard Steve ask a second later with an agitated voice, who then pushed past the young soldier. He looked around with panicking eyes before turning back to her. "How could you have only noticed this now?!"

"I'm sorry!" the young soldier quickly replied, stepping back and looking at Steve with fearful eyes. "I-I swear he was right behind me just a moment ago, really! I... I even ask if he needs help, but he said he could manage on his own. So, I went ahead..."

"I'm so sorry...I should have kept a better eye on him..." she added with a guilty, lowered gaze, and Nuka felt a pang in his heart as he looked at her.

He could understand how she felt and wished he could somehow help her.

But he knew that it was not his place to speak up right now.

Maybe I can talk to her later Nuka thought but before he could ponder further, a frustrated sigh from Steve snapped him back to reality.

"I'll go get him," he retorted grumpily, but before he could take another step, Roxana blocked his way.

"No! You can't. That's far too dangerous! You're way to important and besides you'll get lost just like he did," she interjected sharply. "I'll go."

"But if you go, our group will have no protection and, most importantly, no guidance out of here!" Steve argued, to which Roxana simply shrugged.

"But what else should we do?" she asked him, and suddenly an idea struck Nuka!

"I can go."

Steve and Roxana stopped their angry stare-off at that and instead turned to him, which made him smile nervous.

He never liked being the center of attention, especially when these were people he was afraid of.

"I-I mean," he continued with a slightly faltering voice, "I-I can teleport. So, I can search for him and come back here without any issues."

It was a stupid idea, but it was the only one that more or less remained for them, and to his surprise, Roxana actually seemed to consider it.

"Thats not a bad idea," Roxana replied eventually, "but the tunnels extend quite far. Are you sure you can teleport that far?"

"I think so.", Nuka answered with a shrug ,,As long as I have a picture in mind of the place I wanna go, I can go farther than I normally can."

"Besides, it hasn't been that long since you saw Notch," he added, glancing at the young soldier. "So, he can't be too far away."

"Well even if he is, I won't let a criminal like your search for Notch!" Steve growled sharply, which made Nuka shurk a bit.

But before Steve could say more, Roxana stood in his way.

"He might be a criminal," she dared to put forward, "but we don't have any other option and we're also running out of time, so we'll have no chioce but to trust him at this."

Steve glared at her grimly, and for a moment, Nuka feared he would object and set off on his own.

But then he just sighed in resignation.

"Fine," he muttered eventually, turning his stern gaze onto Nuka. "But you better not dare to disappoint me, or else..."

"No!"

Herobrine's sharp voice hit Nuka so unexpectedly that he almost jumped back in shock, before turning his gaze and looking at his friend, which was still by his side and now looked very upset.