The kidnapping

The sound of a door closing startled Jason out of his sleep!

Tired and annoyed that he had neglected one of his most important tasks, he rubbed his eyes and sat up.

"Hello? Who's-"

He didn't get any further.

Before he knew what was happening, something invisible grabbed him and threw him against the wall, squeezing all the air out of his lungs!

Jason gasped in shock as the pain began to course through his body but before he could do something or call for help, something grabbed him again and threw him against another wall with such force that he blacked out for a moment!

This procedure was repeated a few more times until Jason found himself on the ground, completely dazed and in pain.

Confused and still disoriented, he tried to sit up again, but the pain and dizziness made his body disobey, which only made him panic even more!

Whatever had come into the room and attacked him was probably here for Steve and wanted to do something to him!

With that thought, his head shot up and it took him a moment to get his bearings until he suddenly noticed a cloaked silhouette standing next to Steve's bed and about to lift him onto his shoulders!

Jason froze and the blood froze in his veins when he saw it!

He wanted to jump up and scream for help, but all he could manage was a faint moan.

It was enough, however, to attract the attention of the intruder, who turned to him with Steve on her shoulders and sighed softly.

"I'm so sorry, Jason..." she whispered in a voice that sounded strangely familiar to him, but he couldn't quite identify it as it was rather muffled and oscillated between loud and soft, "But I have no choice... please forgive me..."

With those words, she quickly turned and stormed out the door, leaving Jason alone.

Jason couldn't help but crying out and hit the floor in frustration and fear as the door slammed shut before making another attempt to sit up.

The pain and dizziness hadn't gotten any better but the anger and agony of Steves loss drove him on, so he finally succeeded and managed to hobble to the door.

Outside, he stopped and leaned against the wall with one hand while the other held his ribs to catch his breath.

His gaze fell briefly on the two guards who were supposed to be guarding the door but were now lying on the floor, knocked out.

But Jason didn't have time to help with them, instead he looked around in panic for the kidnapper, before his eyes falling on Alex, Aurora and Roxana, who had just appeared in the corridor chatting happily and were still unaware of the terrible situation!

,,Help! Help! Someone's kidnapped Steve!" he managed to scream as he stumbled towards them, almost knocking the potion that was presumably meant for Steve out of Roxana's hand.

"What?! Who?! How?!" replied Aurora in shock, who managed to catch him and stared at him wide-eyed.

"I don't know..." Jason managed to reply as he clung to her, still in pain from the last ordeal, "It...It just happened! Please we have to hurry! He can't be far yet!"

"Oh, don't worry," Alex answered him as she quickly turned and went to the nearest wall and dismantled a block with a switch hidden behind it. "Then he won't get far either!"

And with those words, she grabbed the lever and flipped it!

(Change of view)
Nuka was panting heavily and sweat was pouring down his face as he raced down the tunnels with Steve on his back!