Frozen Hell

Herobrine looked around shocked! This couldn't be!

"Well, I've never been to the Nether," he heard Jason say at that moment, his voice hesitant, as he had just emerged from the cave with the others, "but I'm pretty sure it shouldn't be this cold..."

Herobrine scoffed in annoyance as he heard that!

"Of course, it shouldn't be!" he hissed angrily, before he turned around and looked around in disbelief.

He couldn't believe it!

The place that had tormented him for centuries with its unbearable heat, burning blocks, sulfuric smell, and lava flows, was now cold and peaceful?! Herobrine clenched his teeth and felt the anger welling up inside him.

He had hoped so much he could show these guys, especially Steve, a little bit of what he had endured here for centuries, but now it wouldn't happen.

Of course it wouldn't...

Herobrine looked down and felt a wave of powerlessness wash over him as he continued to gaze at the cold Nether.

It really seemed this dimension was trying to mock him whenever it could.

"Hey, are you alright?" he heard Roxana ask with a concerned voice a moment later, to which he only snorted contemptuously.

"Yeah, everything's fine," he replied grimly, before he turned around and gave the others a stern look.

"You know, you should all be grateful that the Nether isn't as it usually is," he continued without hesitation. "Otherwise, you would all be on your knees, whining and crying for minutes because of the heat and toxic fumes before we could even go anywhere!"

The others looked at him in shock as they heard his words, but he was fine with that!

If they couldn't experience this hell firsthand, they should at least be scared of it!

"I wonder why the Nether is like this at all," Steve mumbled in the meantime, before kneeling down and picking up a bit of snow, which he studied with a pensive look before another gust of wind swept it away from his hand.

"Maybe it was part of the update?" Roxana asked uncertainly, but Steve shook his head in response.

"I don't think so," he replied softly. "Normally Updates are just for one dimension at a time not for more and they are meant to create new stuff, not to destroy things that are already here."

"Why do you think this is destruction?" Einshine asked, grinning, as he looked around excitedly.

Unlike everyone else, he seemed to be in a rather good mood. "I see this as an improvement."

Herobrine glared at him angrily, as he heard that but before he could say anything Roxana stepped in.

"Well, no matter what it is, we have to go now!" she demanded sternly before turning to Herobrine. "Can... Can you show us the way?"

Herobrine stared at her for a moment, surprised by the trust in her green eyes, but eventually he snorted gruffly.

"Of course," he responded before he turned around and began to search for something that looked familiar.

However, due to the snow and ice, everything looked so different, so that even he had problems getting his bearings, which really pissed him off!

He SHOULD know where everything was! He was stuck here long enough to know every single block in the world by now and now he couldn't find his way around because of some stupid snow and ice?!?