Troubled thoughts and a pinch of familiarity

It was already dark and the moon was high in the sky.

Steve lay awake in his bed, grimly staring at the ceiling above him.

He had spent the past few days doing nothing but sleeping and trying to regain his strength, which was taking much longer than usual.

He was used to quickly recovering after a fight or an injury and needing to wait so long was getting on his nerves!

It wasn't like this back when he was still human, was it? Surely not, right?

With this thought, Steve sighed deeply, closed his eyes, and enjoyed the cool breeze coming in through a small window at the head side of the bed for a moment.

The wizards had carried him and Notch to this room after he collapsed, and although Steve didn't initially like the idea of working with them, he had realized that they needed their help if they wanted to regain their powers.

"You're right, I don't think highly of you," he heard Ethan's voice in his head at that moment from back when he asked him why he was helping him, knowing that most wizards hated him. "But I'm not stupid. I know that you and your brothers are necessary to maintain the balance of this world, and that's why I will help you get your powers back. But first, you need to rest and regain your strength. We can deal with the rest later."

Steve snorted softly as he thought about it.

He didn't like to admit it, but the words of the young leader had impressed him and had convinced him to cooperate with him.

That's why he had also tried to answer as many of his questions as possible about Null and the loss of their powers even though there wasn't much he could say.

I'm sure Herobrine can tell him much more, Steve thought grimly. But as far as I know, he hasn't woken up yet.

After clearing his mind from stressing too much about past events, he turned his head to the side and sadly stared at Notch, who lay in a bed opposite him and had not yet regained consciousness.

His face was still pale, and Steve felt his heart tighten.

He hadn't seen his brother often lately and to say that he mostly frustrated and disappointed him with his actions would be an understatement. But despite all the trouble he had with him, Steve loved him, and he definitely didn't want him to die!

No! He couldn't bear that! He had already lost one...

Relax, Steve thought as he closed his eyes and took a deep breath to calm himself. Ethan said he'll make it through. He just needs a little more time. After all, he had much more power than you did.

Steve sighed in response.

That was true.

His body still ached from the loss of his powers, despite the help of the wizards, and he never possessed much power to begin with.

So, what must Notch and Herobrine endure, whose powers were significantly greater than his?

At least the bed they had put him in was wonderfully warm and soft, which helped alleviate the pain—a true blessing after three weeks of torture by Null.

However, it didn't ease his worries about what was happening to the Minecrafters in his city. Even if he were there, he couldn't do anything to help them at the moment.

Even if he still had his power...

I hope Jason is doing well, he thought wearily before closing his eyes, feeling his heart tighten.