The revelation

As Nuka came back to consciousness, he could feel that he was lying face down on a hard surface, experiencing intense pain both in his head and neck, prompting him to cough.

Groaning, he grabbed his throat and tried to sit up while his brain started to recall what had happened a few moments ago.

He had been running through the castle, desperately trying to reach Herobrine, with Einshine close on his heels, who was asking where they were running. But Nuka did not have the time to reply.

Fortunately, they didn't have to run for long.

A few minutes later, they had encountered Roxana and the others, and for a moment, Nuka was relieved, thinking that Herobrine was with them and therefore safe.

However, that relief quickly vanished and turned into panic when they informed him that Herobrine had stayed behind to look for him to get out of the castle together.

Nuka was distraught over hearing this, whereupon he quickly instructed Einshine to lead the others through a secret passage, out of the castle before racing down the corridor once again as he searched for Herobrine, still hoping they could get away before Null finds them.

Unfortunately this time, he didn't have to search for long.

A loud scream led him to the library, where, to his horror, he saw Null standing over Herobrine, appearing to be about to kill him.

Everything happened quickly after that.

He attacked Null to protect Hero but failed miserably, swiftly overpowered by that shadow, and then taken to this place.

After these memories rushed through his mind, his head shot up and anxiously looked around to see where Null brought them.

To his surprise, he recognized the room as Steve's Thorn Room, even though it changed quite a bit since his last visit.

Nuka's heart sank as he took in the sight.

Oh, how much he had wished never to see this place again.

Apparently Steve's guess of Null settling down here was right Nuka thought.

While he was looking around the room, he noticed that it had changed its color palette from a warm welcoming brown and blue to mostly black and red, making it significantly more darker and more threatening.

Even the windows had darkened, allowing only a hint of the dim light that came from an orange-red sky to get inside and illuminate the room.

However, he didn't need the light to see the ominous obsidian throne in front of him, though no one sat upon it.

Yet, it didn't calm him; quite the opposite.

It seemed so completely out of character for Null to vanish and leave him unsupervised here, especially since he wasn't chained or otherwise restrained.

But before he could dwell further on it, his gaze shifted to one of the pillars supporting the hall and he froze as he spotted a person kneeling there, hands chained over his head at the pillar.

An extremely familiar person!

"Hero!" Nuka exclaimed in dismay before he jumped up and rushed toward him, grabbing his shoulders and looking at him with concern.

However, Hero seemed to be unable to properly wake up, not fully grasping what was happening.

Nuka didn't have time to wait for him to get his mind straight!

Without hesitation, he reached for the chains, trying his best to free his friend, but his efforts were met with little success. For every moment passing, Nuka's movements became more and more desperate at the thought that the chances of Nulls return grew the longer he took.