Chapter 3

The first thing I hear as I sadly wake up from my beauty sleep is, "Hey i think she's waking up." That sounds oddly familiar, Is that Jaime? "Shh, you're going to wake her up." I'm guessing this is Vic. "When do you think she will wake up Doc?" I stand corrected. Should I scare the shit out of them? I thought to myself. And when there was complete silence, I decided to speak up. "I'm already awake." I opened my eyes to see everyone in shock. Nailed it! "Hal-" Debra said cheerfully but I just had to cut her off. I really needed to talk to Vic. But before I could get anything out, she pointed to Vic and nodded. Does she think so too? "Can I talk to Vic, alone?" I asked. Debra nodded and everyone left the room. Once Tony shut the door, I looked at Vic to see him already staring at me. "Hal-" Vic started. "It's Haley." I said quietly.

"Okay Hayley, can we talk a bit?" Vic asked, fidiging with his necklace. Looking at my own necklace, I nod for him to continue. "Do you remember anything from your childhood?" He questions. Should I tell him? It could be him. "My father was never really there and my mother was either too drunk to function or too angry to care." I sighed. My necklace looks really interesting right now.

Silence filled the room and for once, I actually didn't mind it. "Im sorry." I hear Vic whisper. His eyes meet own and what he said next took me by surprise. "Haley, where did you get that necklace from?" I looked down at the silver guitar pic and moved it around my fingertips."Oh, It was my mothers. She said my dad gave it to her when they were teenagers." I smiled to myself. Such a love story cut short. In realization, I smiled to myself, tears running down my face. With blurry eyes, I turn my head to his direction, and the look on his face was priceless.

Guilt.

This it the first time, I had ever seen someone look at me with so much guilt.

Vic's POV

"I have some questions." I moved my hand to my own necklace. "You've already asked me questions." She giggled, tears falling from her face. She may have an idea. "Do you know who your father is?" I asked. "Nope." She shook her head. "But I have an idea, of who it might be." She said it all, too quickly.
Am I freaking her out? "Who are your heroes, your icons, inspirations?" I asked. She smiled and chuckled a little. "You guys." She gestured to me and the door.

Here is goes.

"What if one of your heroes, your father?"