Chapter 4

Vic's POV

"What if one of your Heroes, your father?" She stared at me, teary eyed. "Are you saying-" "I am your father." I blured out. I thought we would have a Father, daughter moment with hugging and tears, but instead, I get an angry Haley. Things get worst, she starts rambling. "How, you can't be my father. Is this a joke." That hurt. "Why would I joke about being your father?" She brings her knees up to her chest, her head in between them. "I don't know."

Sitting in complete silence for a couple of minutes, I hear her mumble, "Vic." My body slides down the chair, exaustion takes over my body. "Yes, Haley." I sighed, waiting for the screems and shouts. And in such calm in her voice, she said, "Why did you leave us..me?" The feeling of guilt and sadness immediatly, sufficated me. I feel my throat closing. "I didn't know she gave you up for adoption. I was leaving for tour that day." More tears flow. "Are you still in contact with my mother?" She asked heartbroken. "None of us are. But I know she's watching out for us." I replied, not knowing how else to break it down to her.

"S-she." Haley was lost for words. I couldn't help but feel helpless. Getting up from my chair, I wrapped her in my arms. "W-why did she leave m-me?" She's taring at the wall, her crying gets louder. "She wasn't ready to be a mom. She just wanted what was best for you. She was in a bad state." I rubbed her back, trying to calm the both of us down. "So she put m-me in a bad place." She started crying again. I shushed herkissed her head and hummed a lullaby.
Soon enough, she had fallen asleep.

"Why Cara, why."