Chapter 12

Leaving home is hard.

Not only do you miss the home cooked meals or the feeling of seeing your friends and family everyday. You leave the memories. The good and bad. There has been so many memories in this house that I will always remember.. Why does it sound as if I'm dying? Or saying my last goodbye?

Like the time, I super glued my ex's comb, so when he used it the next morning, it wasn't a pretty sight. Hey it was for a good cost. Cheated on me for a bitch with bad breath. Nasty.
Or the time me and Uncle Mike bought 150 packs of gummy bears and we spent the whole two days of watching harry pottor. Yes we may have made a couple of trips to the bathroom, but it was all worth it. Hashtag rainbow vomit.

But the one thing that i will always remember, is dad's face when i told him about getting accepted to NYC Art school.

The guys were happy when I told them the good news. I had dad ready the letter for me. At first he lied and said they didn't want me...lets just say, I was flipping tables, literally.

Furthermore, I found out that my best friend Antonio, was going to the same college as I, and he had the room across from mine. Dad made him watch over me. Pft I don't need a babysitter.

"Stay safe, Antonio watch her like a hawk, eat three meals and snacks in between, don't drink too much, don't drink and drive, get a boyfriend me and you will like..I would prefer Antonio-"
"Dad!" I gagged.
Antonio is like a big brother to me and he's practically dad's son. He stays most of his time at my place. I don't know why. All we do is watch Netflix, raid the kitchen, and go to the mall.

"What I just want my daughter to be with someone who will treat her like s princess and that's exactly what Tonio does."
"Yeah, but Antonio is like a brother to me." I swear I saw a tear fall from Antonio's face. I brushed it off and grabbed my headphones.

"Have a safe trip, call me when you get home, and I love you baby girl." I smiled and hugged him. Our last hug, until I visit him during the holidays.

"I love you too daddy." I let a tear fall. He kissed my head and whipped the tears. I let go and walked to the car.

Antonio was waiting, already holding my door open for me. I thanked him and went inside. Through the window I could see dad crying, that just made more tears fall.
I mouthed 'I love you' he did the same.

As the car roared to life, I couldn't help but think about my new life ahead of me.