Chapter 7

I woke up on something soft. I opened my eyes to see, Vic.. staring at me. "You know it's not polite to stare also, how did I end up here?" I questioned him. Continuing with my yawning and bad breathe, I get off of Vic and start stretching. "You move a lot in your sleep." He paused. And If I wasn't so tired, I would have noticed. Trying to rub the sleep out of my eyes, I begin popping my joints. "Just like your mother." I froze. I'm wide awake.

Why would you say that? Although, I know I am not in the best terms with her but, she is still my mother. Which got me this idea. "Hey Vic, where is mom buried?" He looked down at me and smiled, nervously. "Here in San Diego, why?" Why is he acting so weird? "Can we go meet her?" I asked, catching his bluff. "S-sure." He waited for me to get up, which was hard since this was a huge bed. I got off safely, with the help from Vic.

I ran downstairs to see Jaime and Uncle Mike cooking breakfast. I ran towards their direction and hugged them. As they were cooking, Mike let me jump on his back while he flipped pancakes. I helped him out a little by mixing more of the batter and cutting the fruit.

After we were done, I set the table and grabbed a pan. "Breakfast is ready!" I growled. Yes I know how to death scream. I practice...a lot.

"Vic, your daughter-my niece just death screamed!" Uncle Mike screamed while handing me a napkin. "I know I heard." Vic said while coming down the stairs. "Where's Tony?" I asked while pouring Apple juice in my cup. "He's with his girlfriend." Uncle Mike replied to me.

"Cool." I pulled out a chair and sat in between Vic and Uncle Mike.
"Can you pass the bacon?" I asked Vic. He smiled and handed me a plate. I thanked him and kept eating.

It was quiet until Mike spoke, "So Hal, do you know how to play any other instrument then guitar?" I looked up from my half eaten pancake and grinned. "Yup." They all stared at me. "What can you play?" Jaime asked. The attention was all on me.

"Well guitar, piano, bass, drums, and I sing a little." I drank the rest of my apple juice and ate the last bits of bacon. I looked up and guess what, everyone is still staring at me. "Pfft a little." Mike scoffed. "That's not what we heard on the video." He added. I glare at Vic and got up to clean up the table.

"Why are you mad at me?" Vic chuckled. I continued glaring at him. "Well maybe because that was personal." I turned on the water and started washing the dishes. "I'm totally not sorry. You have talent like your father, therefore show it." I nodded in agreement. "Okay." I turned off the faucet. "Just tell me when you're gonna record." He nodded and handed me sticks. I looked down to see uncle mikes drum sticks. "Mike wants you to show us your skills. We all do."

Vic showed me to the recording studio and sat me in the booth.

"Hello niece, play us a couple of covers." Uncle Mike says through the microphone.
"Then play the base!" Jamie screamed.
"Then sing." Vic finished.
I nodded and got ready.

It's now or never.