Chapter 27

"Open up, we need to get you ready." Belinda said through my still locked door.
It was now 5pm and I still haven't opened the door. I slept, watched Edward scissorhands, and ate pretzels with Nutella.

Can anyone tell that I'm nervous?

I opened the door to reveal a overly excited Belinda.

"You ready?"
"No, not really." I went back to my bed. "Why not?" She closed my door and sat on my bed, grabbing one of my pillows from its big pile of..pillows. "Well I..You know." I looked down, my hands were shaking. "You're never out aren't you?" Belinda grinned.

When I didn't say anything sighed. "It's okay to be nervous." Chuckling she looked around my room.

I was nervous. I was scared. What was going to happen tonight. How am I supposed to act around him? Happy? Classy? What am I going to wear? Do I swear a skirt, shorts, pants, or a dress? Ooh and my hair. Straight or curly? Is he into blondes or brunettes? Do I pay or does he? Wait, what if this date goes terribly wrong!? What if I say something that offends him? What-

"Haley? Haley are you okay?" I could feel myself shaking, my thoughts were now screaming at me. My sight was blurry. It was getting hard to breathe.

"Haley!"

The voices stopped.

I could control my breathing.

I could finally see straight again.

My chest left hurting.

But my body still shook with anticipation.

Belinda rubbed my back and whispered as I silently cried.

"You know." She started. "All of the piles of pillows defines that you are indeed, even more lonely and depressed." She handed me a few tissues after I finally calmed down.

"Well I am. I have been for years." I whispered, laying my head on her shoulder. "I'm sorry. Maybe your date with Ethan will take your mind off of stuff." I nodded and got off my bed.

"You ready?" Belinda asked as I stretched my limbs.

"Yes." She giggled and threw the closet door open.

Lord help me.

Is it safe to say, I look pretty darn good. Sexy even.
Belinda had me in a black long shirt and white short skirt. She made me wear one of her black church hats. She even cut off the bow and ribbon. My make-up done natural. My hair in its bouncy curls. I slipped on my black toms and rushed downstairs. I heard dad and uncle Mike talking to Ethan.

My nerves started to kick in once I hit the last step.

"Well sir-"
In that moment, everything stopped.
He was wearing a black button up shirt, black skinny jeans and black vans. I swear he wears jeans skinnier than mine.

"You look beautiful, mija." Dad and uncle Mike ran up to me, picking me up in the process. I laughed and kissed them both on the cheek.
"Can we go now?" I asked while getting out of their embrace.

"Sure- wait pictures!" Uncle Mike cut dad off.

"Lord how could I forget?!" Dad screamed. He grabbed his phone and started taking pictures.

"Damn dad, this isn't prom." He stared at me, as if I had two heads and one eye. "This is your first date, without him getting in the way of it." Dad said quietly. Belinda gave me a confused look. I smiled and shook it off. The past is the past. I'll tell her when I'm ready.

She mouthed 'later?' I nodded and grabbed Ethan's hand.

"Dad I think it's time for us to go. Bye guys, love you." Shutting the door, I let go of Ethan's hand and blushed. He grabbed my hand and smiled.

"Your blush is the cutest thing I've seen so far."

This is going to be a long night.