Chapter 5

Today I get out of the hospital and get to 'eat all the food I want.' Quote from Jaime. I laughed at the thought of it. "What are you laughing about?" Vic, my now father, asked me. Do I start calling him father now? "Nothing." I closed my mouth. Uncle Mike was making goofy faces behind Vic. I giggled and looked out the window. Vic nodded. He looked a little weary. They grabbed my bags from the room, whom I shared with the brat herself.

She was laid on her bed on her phone. She stopped once her eyes set on one person, Mike. Once everything was out of the room, Mike was the first to leave the room.

I left the room to get pulled to the side. Mike said quietly, "That girl creeps me out." I nodded in a agreement. We continued moving my stuff to the car. Once we were done, I went outside to see, Debra crying.

Debra ran towards my direction and gave me a huge hug. She walked me to the car, telling how happy she was for me and that she will miss and wish me the very best at the place I will finally call, home.

I never had a place to call home. It's always been called hell or jail. I felt someone shake me. I looked up to see Tony with a frown. He placed his hand on my cheek and wiped a tear I didn't even know that had fallen.

He whispered, "what's wrong?" I looked down and whispered, "I miss her." He knew exactly who I was talking about. My mom.

Even though I don't know who she is and what she looks like, I still miss her. Vic is the only person I have left alone with my uncles. The only thing that I know about my mom's side of the family is that, my grandparents are dead and my cousins are on the other side of the world.

I laid on Tony's shoulder. He moved my head to his lap while uncle Mike moved my legs to his lap. I smiled at them and they returned the favor. I fell asleep to the song on the radio.

And they say
She's in the Class A Team
Stuck in her daydream
Been this way since eighteen