Chapter 9

"Hey Haley, wake up." I feel someone pull me out of my slumber. "Get out." I yawn and roll to the other side of the bed. "Haaalley." Uncle mike whined, poking at my sides. Thank God, I wasn't ticklish. "Uncle miiike." I mimicked him, moving his hands away from my sides. At this point it was getting annoying. I pulled the blankets over my head and just when I thought his torment would be over, I feel the blankets get snatched from my body. "Wake up." Mike continued to jump on my bed and I'm not gonna lie, I almost kicked him off of the bed, but I wouldn't want a repetition of what happened last time. "No, let me sleep." I cry out. "Vic made food." I jumped out of bed so fast, I almost twisted my ankle. Running downstairs, not giving a flying fuck about how I looked like at the moment, I continue running, until I see a short Mexican man, dancing in his purple apron, that says, 'I'm awesome, you're not.'

And at that moment, I felt like scaring the shit out of him, but that would result to a mini heart attack, in which either of us could handle, so I resulted to tapping on the table to gather his attention. "What are you cooking there?" He looked up from the pan and turns down the music a little. "Pancakes, eggs, bacon, and sausage." I feel a kiss on my forehead and smile. Nothing is better than a father's love and good breakfast. A cup of black coffee is placed in front of me. Nothing else can compare to this.

"Hey dad, can I learn the violin? My friend- best friend from school, knows how to play it. She can teach me." I asked whilst shoving a piece of bacon in my mouth. He sat there and thought for a little while. "Sure. We'll go shopping for one this evening. Eat up." You don't have to tell me twice. He handed me another piece of bacon.

--

"Man that was good." i said while sitting next to Tony. "Right, can you turn it up." We were currently lousing around the couch, watching Star Wars. I forgot which one, don't tell Tony. I turned up the tv a little bit, and got settled in my seat. We're gonna be here for a while. Hours pass, me and Tony are still watching Star Wars. Dad, went to the store a while ago. Uncle Mike and Jaime were out with their girlfriends. I hear the door open and close, i got up from my seat and walked to the kitchen to see Dad holding a small case in his hands.

"Here you go." he hands me the small case. I opened it and gasped. It was beautiful, so brand new.

"Thank you dad!" i screamed, hugging him.

"Your welcome, mija." i smiled and ran upstairs. I layed the instrument on the bed and looked at the time. 8:06.

It felt like six o'clock. I sighed and ran back downstairs.

"Hey dad i'm gonna go sleep. I'm tired." he nodded and kissed my head. I hugged him and ran back to his room.