Chapter 56

So, I didn't die. I wouldn't say that if I wasn't listening to pierce the veil's new album at the moment. Wait, can you listen to pierce the veil in Heaven?..or music in general? Wow.

"Haley, what are you doing?" I looked up to see Ethan standing in front of me. "What's going on in your pretty little head?" Ethan tapped my head and took a seat next to me.

Oh you know, music in heaven. Sighing, I layer my head on his shoulder.

I can't believe I spent almost an hour thinking about that.. I mean it would be something I'd do, out of the ordinary.

I looked at Ethan, who is already staring at me and said, "Music in Heaven. Like would you be able to listen to music in heaven?" I was waiting for that stupid look that he does sometimes on his face but it never showed. "I actually had that thought the other day." Ethan murmured but I still heard him. "You did?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah....No." He chuckled and patted my head. "You're a dumbnut, you know hat right." Slapping his hand from my head, I walked passed him while hearing a faint, "I know" from him.

Unfortunately, we have first hour together so I didn't get far. He caught up to me in a second. Darn him and his long legs.

"I won't be in lunch today, I'll be doing my portrait." I said while opening the door to our class room. "I know, I'll be with you as well. Did you forget we have the class? Plus I need to finish my sculpture." He grabbed my bag from my shoulders and sat it next to his chair. "Which room do you want to go to?" He grabbed his pencil and started sketching a piece. "One hundred and ninety four." I said in a low British voice. (I swear if you know where this is from you better comment!)

Ethan dropped his pencil and started laughing. Everyone was loud so no one really noticed his sudden out birds. Did I forget that music was playing as well. The teacher plays music in the room saying the words, 'Music helps calms the soul, the mind. It gives you ideas, a since of feeling, movement. Anyways what's for lunch?' Yes everyone this is our teacher. If she weren't five years older than me, we could practically be sisters.

"What's going on back here you two?" We looked up to see the women herself. "Nothing." We said as a union. She looked at Ethan and then at me and winked at us.

You see she's a cool teacher, believe me when it's time for business, you better have your brushes, pencil, pen, chisel....everything ready!

I looked at Ethan to see him giving me a sly look. We looked straight ahead to see the art teacher staring back at us. We hid behind our canvas and giggled like children. After the laugher stopped, I grabbed a pencil and started sketching out the photo.

I don't know about anyone else but this portrait means a lot to me.
So damn much. And I went through hell and back just to get it.

It took a lot of convincing, crying, arguing, sweat....a lot of sweat.

But I did it all, to have that photo.

The woman that beat me utter even the slightest if words, the woman whom screamed the most awful words a child could bear to hear. She was also the woman that died herself to sleep at night. She had a strange way of love. But then again she never had it, father loved her but he was never home to show it. When he was home, the beatings stopped, but the screaming never did.

They had arguments about him leaving all the time. Where was I at the time? Trying ,y best to muffle out the screams.

The photo.
I worked long and hard for, I finally got it. And the site was beautiful. She didn't look angry, sad, lonely. She looked happy, full of life. Almost as if the world hadn't taken a pull on her.

That photo held a beautiful symbol of cruel, happiness, joy, and depressed.

My mother.