Chapter 43

If I could describe this cafe to you in two words, it would be beautiful and cozy.

Everything's so calm and warm and just, words can't describe how happy am at the moment.

We already ordered our hot chocolate and muffins.
Right now we are arguing about which tattoo place is better.

"Tatts is better."
"No Sorry Mom Tattoo is better."
"How would you know, huh?"
"Antonio got a tattoo from there last month and still looks fresh as new. Almost as if he just got it." he sighed and grabbed my hands.

I raised a brow and looked of the window.
"Fine." I looked back at him. He lifted my hands to his lips.

Kissing my knuckles, our mugs of hot chocolate and plates of muffins were sat in front of us.

Keeping one hand on the mug and the other in my own, he took a sip of his drink.

"You know you look really beautiful today." He said, causing my cheeks to get hot.

"Well thank you." I hid my smile, taking a sip from my mug.

"My pleasure." he smirked at me.

"You won't be smirking for long." he frowned. I chuckled and took a bite of the muffin we shared.

"Hun, look at these two. I remember how we were at their age." The elder said to her husband.

The old couple were standing in front of us.

"Ah yes, the good old days. Now come on, let's let the two be." He said to his wife, leading her to a table. But he stopped and turned to Ethan.

"You take care of her, even if she's stubborn. That means she's the one for you. Remember you're even more stubborn. So you're practically made for each other." He pointed to both of us.

"Robert."

"I'm coming Claire. It was nice talking to you two. Y'all have a nice night." We smiled and thanked him.

Ethan grabbed my hand again and kissed it for like the tenth time today.

We finished up and left the cafe.

Walking back to the apartment, Ethan suggested Netflix and Chill. Sadly well for him, I had to be the one and tell him that Belinda changed the password and I didn't know what if was so tonight was YouTube and Chill.

Our version of Net-sorry YouTube and Chill was snacks all over my bed and us watching Twaimz/issa and his father watching one of his music videos.

The rest of the night was nice. I got to spent the whole day with someone I really love.

Tomorrow is our anniversary. And I'm excited because this will mark a year we have been together.

A year with my best friend. Sorry Anthony.

------

I woke up at seven in the morning, alone.
I looked around the room and in my bathroom. I got up and ran downstairs, to see a note and a box on the table.

'Happy Anniversary, beautiful.

I'm sorry you didn't get to wake up with me by your side.

I'm sorry I didn't get to kiss your sweet lips and you push me away because of my morning breath.

As much as I didn't want to stay in that warm bed of yours and hold you until morning, I got called for work early. :(

But I did make you something to start off your day. Go look in the kitchen.

I ran t the kitchen first and I almost peed my pants. PANCAKES WITH BACON, FRUIT, AND EGGS! It's so, beautiful. Don't judge me.

I looked back at the note to see that I wasn't indeed finished yet.

Also open the box.

I opened the box to see a ring, carved in the outside is H&E.

Smiling, I looked back at the note.

I got you a ring. Not just a ring, a promise ring.

Haley Fuentes, I promise to be by your side through your proud and worst moments.

I promise to make you smile when you're down.

I promise to keep you happy, when your clouds are grey.

I promise to keep your light shining bright from the darkness.

I may sound cheesy throughout this whole letter, but it's because I love you. You've shown me a new world in just a year.

Hal, I've fallen hard for you.

One day, I want to make you my queen but for now you're my princess until the day comes.

I'm hoping for the day I get on my knees and make you mine forever-I mean only if you want too..Please.

I'll see you after work baby, until then rest and have some time for yourself.

See you later princess.

-Love Ethan, your Prince'

At the moment all I could do was cry.
I heard the door open and close.

"Haley girl, are you okay. Who made you cry? Answer me, WHO DO I HAVE TO KILL!" I smacked her on the arm.

"Ouch! What was that for?"

"Shush. I was crying because of this letter Ethan made for our anniversary today."
"Aww-Oh bacon. Ouch!..stop hitting me!"
"Put my bacon down!" I laughed. She pouted and did as told.

I did as Ethan told me to do. Rest.
And it was pretty relaxing.

Ethan came after work, as promised. Since we already went out yesterday, we decided to do something here, which was watch Tim Burton movies and eat a lot of snacks.

I ended up giving him a Star Wars poster, mug, shirts, and a new sketchbook. Which I'll probably end up using all of. Mostly the shirts. I already gotten him started on it. I drew us with the stormtrooper helmet. (If you like Star Wars, comment a quote or a saying.)

"Babe, this-thank you!" He kissed me passionately.
"You very welcome." I pecked his lips.

We finished the second movie, which was Big eyes.

A year with you, and many more to go.