002. 𝑅𝑢𝑙𝑒𝑠

I was so nervous but really excited for today. Matt was going to meet my parents today. But there was a problem, I hadn't even told my family I had a boyfriend yet. My older brother, who was a year and a half older than me was really overprotective over me and it gets annoying at times and I just know he isn't gonna like Matt at first. I'm really nervous about my brother. And to top it off, my dad is really strict about rules for me. For example I have curfews every time I go out and I cannot go out if I have any homework. And don't even get me started on dating, he has always told me I need his approval to date someone. Which I think is bullshit. Who could possibly dislike Matt though?

I went and got ready for the day and FaceTimed Matt. "Hi baby!" He had a huge grin across his lips. "I think I'm going to tell my family today, about us." I admit to him and his eyebrows slightly raise. "Oh, okay!" He still has a shocked look on his face which makes me giggle. "And I want you to come over for dinner tonight to meet them." I add and he nods. "Of course. What time?" He smiles softly. I give him the time and he says he'll be there. "Y/n? Is Jax going to like me? or do you think he thinks I'm a dick." Matt slightly frowns. Jax, my older brother is a dick not Matt. "Hey! Of course he is going to like you. And if he doesn't he is the dick." I smile and I see Matt smile through the screen. "Okay, I should go tell them all now. I'll see you later then?" I say. "Okay bye Y/n, good luck!" He waves and I smile and hang up. 

I take a deep breath before walking downstairs to see my mom, dad, and my brother all sat in the living room. I slowly walk over and sit in the arm chair. "Hey honey, sleep okay?" My mom asks and I nod. My heart is pounding. I don't know when I'm gonna say it. "Hey dad can you pause the TV?" I ask and my dad pauses it and my brother turns off his phone and places it in his lap. My brother is looking me deep in the eyes as he is sitting in the arm chair right across from me. I give him a 'fuck off' look and turn to face my mom and dad. "I have a boyfriend." I blurt out then slap my hands over my mouth. My moms face lights up but before she can say anything my dad interrupts. "How long?" He looks a bit pissed. "Like two months..." I sort of mumble. "Two months?" My brother shouts. "Y/n, look, I am disappointed you didn't tell me this when you first started going out but as long as you are happy and if he treats you well you have my approval." My dad nods and I immediately smile. "Thank you dad." I get up and hug him. I turn to Jax and he looks a little worried. "Jax, I promise you he's nice. You need to give him a chance." I try to convince him and he cracks and smiles. "As long as he isn't a jock dick." My brother pats my back. "Jax! Language please!" My mom exclaims. I turn to my mom and she smiles at me. "I'm happy for you Y/n." She gets up and brings me into a hug. "Thank you mom." I smile and pull away. "Also, I kind of invited him over for dinner tonight. If that's okay?" I add. My brother gets another look on his face. "I want to get to know this guy, that's alright." My dad nods. "Oh of course!" My mom smiles and Jax slightly nods. 

Time passes and Matt has texted me he's on his way so I fix up my makeup a bit and spray some perfume and by the time I'm done a hear the doorbell ring and I hurry downstairs to see Jax already standing at the door talking to Matt. My heart skips a beat and I hurry to the door and shove into Jax causing him to move away from the door. "Hey baby." Matt has a toothy grin across his mouth. I smile and take his hand and bring him inside. He looks around a bit and I walk with him into the kitchen to see my mom setting the table as my dad is mixing our dinner in a pot. My moms face lights up as she sees Matt. "Mom, dad, this is Matt, my boyfriend." I smile and I can tell Matt is a bit nervous because he doesn't let go of my hand. My dads head jolts over to us and he walks over as my mom does too. "It is so great to meet you Matt!" My mom smiles and gives Matt a quick little hug. "Hello." Matt smiles as he hugs my mom back. My dad then walks in front of Matt and Matt puts his hand out for my dad to shake and my dad looks at his hand for a second before shaking it. "Hi sir, I'm Matt." Matt has a nervous smile. "Hi Matt." My dad doesn't really smile. "I've heard a lot about you, as of today." My dad adds and Matt nods. "I'd like to know more at dinner." My dad smiles and continues in the kitchen. Matt turns to me and I smile and kiss his cheek as his face flushes red. 

Soon my brother walks over and walks in front of Matt. "Hi Matt, sorry I didn't introduce myself, I'm Jax." My brother awkwardly smiles and puts his hand out for Matt to shake and so he does. Soon the food is ready and I sit next to Matt and my mom sits on the other side of me then my brother across from me and my dad across from Matt. I think they chose to sit in front of Matt to see him better. Matt thanks my parents and we all start eating. "So Matt, do you have a job?" My dad asks and I eye my dad but he's looking at Matt. "Yeah, my brothers and I make YouTube videos and we make money off of that. We're triplets so that's how we mainly attract viewers." Matt smiles. I can tell he loves to bring up his brothers in conversations because of how close he is to them. My dad nods. "You're a triplet?" My brother looks a little shocked. "Yeah, we're fraternal though but happen to look a lot alike." Matt smiles up at Jax. "Yo, that's really cool." Jax smiles. I smile too because I can tell they're getting along. 

As my dad and Matt are chatting away my mom taps my leg and I lean in and she whispers in my ear "He is a very handsome young man and I think he is super sweet. I am happy for you Y/n." My mom pats my leg. "Thank you mom." I smile.

Time skips and Matt offers to help my mom and dad clean up and so he does. My dad and Matt are getting along super great, my dad has been smiling and joking around with Matt this whole dinner and I heard him say to Matt at the table, "You are perfect for my little girl." Which made me smile. When Matt is done helping he walks into the living room to find Jax and I playing Mario Kart and I let Matt play with Jax and Matt crushes his ass which was so funny.

Soon it is time for Matt to head home so I walked him to the front door and watched as he slipped on his shoes. He leaned back up and turned to me and smiled. "Thank you for coming, they all love you." I smile and Matt looks really happy. He places his palms on my cheeks and kisses me. I kiss him back and run my fingers through his hair. I hear Jax fake gag. "God, get a room!" He teases. I pull away from Matt and turn to Jax. "We're just kissing, fuck off." I roll my eyes and Jax flips me off and walks off. My mom and dad walk into the room. "Matt, you are welcome back anytime. We would love to have you again." My dad smiles and walks up to Matt and hugs him real fast. "Thank you, that means a lot." Matt grins. My mom smiles and nods. I give Matt a quick kiss and watch as he walks back to his car and I wait until he drives away.

I turn around and see my dad standing there. "Only one rule though." My dad twirls his finger. I raise an eyebrow. "Doors must be open at all times." He jokes and chuckles. "Dad!" I yell and he brings me into a hug. "Thank you though." I say as my dad smiles and I go and find Jax and thank him too and he tells me he thinks Matt is really cool. I am so grateful for my family and my amazing boyfriend.

!•𝐺𝑖𝑣𝑒 𝑚𝑒 𝑟𝑒𝑞𝑢𝑒𝑠𝑡𝑠 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑖𝑚𝑎𝑔𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑠 𝑖𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑠•!

-🧸𝑉𝑎𝑙🧸