026. 𝑆𝑙𝑒𝑒𝑝𝑙𝑒𝑠𝑠 𝑁𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡

I was currently over at Matt's house for the night because he had invited me over. We were watching a movie with Nick in the living room while Matt was laying on top of me with his head on my chest and while I was gently playing with his hair.

A few minutes later Matt yawned and I picked up my phone to check the time. It was a little past 1 AM. I looked over at Nick and he looked pretty tired. I was not tired at all though.

I looked down at Matt again and brushed his hair out of his face. "Are you sleepy, baby?" I asked softly. He nodded slowly as I ran my hand through his hair again. "Do you want to go to bed now?" I asked softly again. Matt looked up at me as he rested his chin on my chest.

He stared deep into my eyes as I felt myself fall into his ocean blue eyes. "What?" I smiled. "You're so pretty." Matt whispered as a smile grew across his lips. "I look awful right now, Matt." I raised my eye brows at him. "No, you look beautiful." He chuckled.

I smiled at him and placed my hands on his back. "Do you want to sleep?" I asked again. Matt nodded and I smiled as he started to get off of me. "Hey Nick, we're going to go to sleep now. See you tomorrow?" I said as Matt grabbed my hand and started to pull me towards his room.

"Yeah, I'm fucking exhausted. Night, Y/n." Nick turned off the TV. I waved before letting Matt pull me away.

We entered Matt's room and climbed into his bed and cuddled up together. "Goodnight, baby." Matt whispered and kissed my forehead. "Goodnight." I squeezed him.

I closed my eyes and tried to fall asleep, but I just couldn't. I turned over and stared at the ceiling, failing to see anything because of the pitch blackness that filled the room. It was completely silent, the only noise that filled the room was Matt's soft and quiet snores.

I sighed quietly as I listened to Matt's snores. I grabbed my phone from Matt's nightstand and looked up how to fall asleep.

I tried blinking repeatedly and as fast as I could, but it didn't work. I felt Matt starting to move and I got excited thinking he was waking up. He ended up just rolling onto his other side. I sighed and rolled back onto my side and spooned Matt.

I closed my eyes again to hopefully fall asleep. Nothing.

An hour or more passes and I still haven't fallen asleep. I've tried everything I could. I've been entertaining myself with playing with the collar of Matt's shirt and braiding little pieces of his hair.

It was just getting annoying at this point, I was so tired and wanted to go to sleep but my brain wouldn't let me sleep. I started to feel so irritated I sat up and held my head in my hands and cried.

I tried to be silent while I cried to not wake Matt up, but I failed as I let out a sob. I covered my mouth with my hands as I felt Matt move. "Baby?" He asked as he sat up and turned on his lamp. 

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asked softly, as he placed a hand on my back. "I just can't sleep." I sobbed. "Come here." Matt placed both hands on my waist as he pulled me into him.

Matt leaned against the headboard of his bed as I crawled onto his lap and straddled him. I rested my head on Matt's shoulder as he rubbed my back. "Shh. Deep breaths." Matt hushed.

I took a deep breath and finally my crying disappeared. "Why can't you sleep?" Matt asked a few seconds later. "My brain just won't let me, it's weird." I said. "Ah." Matt responded.

"Is there anything I can do?" Matt asked a few seconds later. I just shrugged, there's nothing he can really do.

"Do you want a snack?" Matt whispered. I thought for a second then nodded. Matt stood up with me still straddling him as he carried me to the kitchen.

Matt placed me on the counter as he went into a cabinet and pulled out my favorite bag of chips. He poured a little bit into a bowl and handed it to me with a smile.

I grinned and took the bowl. "Thank you, baby." I giggled as I took one out of the bowl and ate it. Matt stood in between my legs as he tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. "Do you want something to drink?" He asked softly. I shook my head. "You sure?" He clarified. "I'm sure." I smiled.

I handed Matt a chip and he smiled and took it and ate it. I finished eating a minute later and Matt took the bowl from my hands and placed it in the sink.

He walked back over to me and put his hand out. I took it and we walked hand in hand back to his room.

We entered his room and climbed back into bed. I straddled Matt again as he gently rubbed my back. "Do you want me to stay up until you fall asleep?" He asked softly as his fingertips ran up my back.

I lifted my head up from his chest and met his eyes. "You don't have to." I smiled and gently kissed the corner of his mouth. "Babe, it's okay." He smiled back as he pushed my hair back.

I leaned in and softly pressed my lips against Matt's. We pulled away and I kissed his cheek. "I love you." I whispered. "I love you more." He chuckled.

I cuddled back into him as he turned off his lamp. I closed my eyes and fell asleep minutes later. Matt made sure I was completely asleep before kissing my forehead and gently moving me off of him and spooning me before he fell back asleep.

!•𝐺𝑖𝑣𝑒 𝑚𝑒 𝑟𝑒𝑞𝑢𝑒𝑠𝑡𝑠 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑖𝑚𝑎𝑔𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑠 𝑖𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑠•! 

•(𝑇ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑘 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑓𝑜𝑟 58𝑘 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑑𝑠!)• 

-🧸𝑉𝑎𝑙🧸