023. 𝐹𝑢𝑡𝑢𝑟𝑒

Request from - @mrpuglover

Matt and I have been parents now for around four years. Our daughter, Ariana Sturniolo is four and in preschool. Matt is the best dad to her. He plays dolls with her, let's her put sticky kid makeup all over his face, and watches all of the My Little Pony and Barbie with her.

Matt has the purest relationship with our daughter, I love how committed he is to having kids.

Recently, Ari has developed a cold and has been staying home from preschool. Matt has been staying home with her all day the past two days so I can get some work done. They've napped together, watched movies, played with toys, and much more. Ariana has seemed to be getting better, but Matt on the other hand may have caught her cold.

I returned home after work and walked into the living room to see Ariana and Matt sitting on the living room floor in front of her doll house playing with dolls. "No, daddy! You need to brush her hair like this." Ariana shouted. "Oh, alright. Like this?" Matt chuckled, brushing the dolls hair. I softly laughed at the two playing.

Matt's head quickly turned to me when he heard my laugh, so did Ari's. "Mommy!" Ariana shrieked and got up and skipped over to me, wrapping her arms around my legs. "Hey, honey." I smiled and bent down and picked her up. "Me and daddy watched Frozen and played dolls today!" She grinned. "Oh, how fun!" I chuckled and set Ariana down as she ran back over to Matt and jumped into his arms, hers wrapping around his neck as she hung off of him.

Matt stood up with Ari in his arms and set her on the couch where all her blankets and stuffed animals were. He turned around and walked towards me, his arms open. I hugged him tightly. "Hi, baby. How was work?" Matt asked as we pulled away from the hug. "It was okay. Is Ari any better?" I asked, running a hand through Matt's hair. "A little bit, she still has a runny nose and a cough." Matt sighed. "How about you?" I asked with a grin. "I'm definitely getting her cold." He whispered, his head falling onto my shoulder.

I placed a hand on the back of his head and sighed. "Sorry, babe. Do you want anything?" I asked softly. "Could you make soup?" Matt asked hesitantly. "Of course." I smiled as he lifted his head off of my shoulder and met my eyes. "Thank you, babe." He smiled back, his arms slowly snaking around my waist. "I want to kiss you so bad right now, but I don't want to get you sick." Matt frowned. I frowned back then held his face in my hands and leaned in and kissed his cheek, forehead, then nose. Matt chuckled then kissed my cheek.

"Why don't you go take a shower or something? I'll watch Ari." I offered. "Are you sure?" Matt asked, raising his eyebrows. I took one hand off of his face and brushed his hair back again. "Yes, of course." I smiled. Matt returned the smile then removed his arms from my waist. I kissed the corner of his mouth before he walked off to our room.

I turned around and saw Ari playing with her stuffed animals on the couch. I walked over to her and sat next to her on the couch. Ariana turned around and smiled up at me. "Do you want to help mommy make some soup for daddy?" I asked while moving her hair back. "Yes!" She exclaimed, jumping off of the couch. "Okay, you need to take your medicine first though." I stood up with her and followed her to the kitchen.

"No! It's icky." Ari frowned. "Well, did you know that every princess takes her medicine like a big girl?" I tried to convince her. "Really?" A smile slowly appeared on Ariana's face. "Mhm." I hummed with a nod as I grabbed Ariana's cold medicine and poured it into the little cup. "Fine, just because I'm a princess." Ari took the little cup from my hand. I chuckled as I watched her drink it. She made a disgusted face then handed me the cup. I smiled and took it from her.

Time passed and I was preparing Matt's soup and Ariana's dinner at the same time. Ari gave up on helping me and went back into the living room to play. A minute later while I was stirring the soup I felt a pair of arms snake around my waist. I smiled warmly and leaned into the touch. "Hi, Matt." I said quietly. "Hello." He kissed my neck. "It's almost ready. Do you mind cutting up Ariana's sandwich?" I asked. "Not at all." Matt quickly walked away and got to work.