024. 𝐴𝑟𝑔𝑢𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡

Request from - @DracoMikaelson

Chris and I have been best friends since about second grade, we were partnered up for a project and we became really great friends from that.

One day, Chris invited me over to his house to finish up some work. I knew he was a triplet because he had told me. But when I walked into that house and saw the other two boys, it was shocking how similar they looked.

Chris introduced me to them and we all became pretty good friends, but I was always closer with Chris.

In 6th grade was when I started to develop feelings for Chris's brother, Matt. He was just so kind towards me and I started to see him as more than friends. I told Chris a couple months later and he thought it was a little weird at first. I mean, dating your best friends brother is a little strange.

I had a crush on Matt all through 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th grade. I never got over him. Chris tried his best to convince me to ask him out every year, but it never happened.

The end of 10th grade I had gotten asked out by a guy named Will. I said yes to hopefully try and get over Matt. Will was a very sweet guy, he treated me very well and was pretty friendly with Chris. Nick told me he didn't like him though, he said he gave him bad vibes. I should've listened.

I stuck with Will almost all through 11th. Chris told me at the end of 11th that Matt had told him that he liked me. I didn't believe him at first so I ignored it. But I started to notice Matt acting jealous when Will was around. Then I started to believe it.

One night at a party, Will was off somewhere getting plastered while I was just hanging out with Matt. We were sitting outside together looking at the stars and just chatting.

He told me how pretty I was and how I deserved better than Will. He told me that he could be a better boyfriend for me than Will. My heart dropped down to my stomach. Hearing those words felt unreal. It felt as if I had had 80 pound weights on my shoulders for these past years and Matt had finally taken them off.

I stared into his eyes as we slowly got closer to each other. I had to step back though, I couldn't risk Will catching Matt and I kissing. Instead, I filled Matt in with everything, on how I have liked him for so many years and how I kind of dated Will to just try and get over him. He thought it was cute on how I had a crush on him.

We chatted about my crush on him for a few more minutes until Nick came running out to me. "Y/n! I knew he was a lying dickhead bitch!" Nick had shouted, panting and pointing back at the house. I was very confused. Nick explained that he caught Will hooking up with another girl. "Oh I am going to kill that motherfucker." Matt mumbled from behind me.

I stood there in silence. It was kind of odd on how perfectly timed this was. "Y/n?" Nick asked. For some reason my eyes filled with tears, I wasn't even sad, I was just overwhelmed. I was so happy but then again I was angry at myself for not listening to Nick before about Will.

Chris ran out of the house and over to me. I assumed he knew what happened. "I'm going to fucking kill that kid." Chris mumbled and immediately embraced me into his arms. He told Nick and Matt to get to the car so we could get out of there.

I sobbed into Chris's shoulder as he whispered things into my ear. I only picked up on a few. "You can do way better, Y/n." "He doesn't deserve you." "You'll be okay."

We went home that night and I blocked all of Will's socials. Nick told me Chris had put him in his place, whatever that means. After that, I never heard from him again.

About a month later Matt had asked me out. I didn't hesitate to say yes, obviously. Chris was very happy for us and so was Nick. We hit it off very well because we already knew so much about each other. Matt had asked me to be his girlfriend on the third date. I said yes and we have been dating ever since then. We graduated about two years ago, so Matt and I have been dating for around 3 years now.