010. 𝐵𝑎𝑏𝑦 𝐹𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟

I was getting ready to go over to my older sisters house to babysit her new born baby. He had just turned one month old the other day, his name was Kai and he was the cutest baby in the world.

While I was doing my makeup, I got a FaceTime call from Matt. I propped my phone up against the wall in front of my vanity where I was sitting and answered the call. "Hi baby! What's up?" I ask him with a smile looking into my mirror as I apply some blush to my cheeks. "Nothing much, I was just wondering if you wanted to hang out later?" Matt suggests as I look over at my phone to see him admiring me doing my makeup. "I'm so sorry, I can't today, I'm babysitting my sisters baby." I slightly frown. I notice Matt doesn't frown though, he slowly forms a toothy grin across his lips as I giggle. "What's that for?" I laugh. "Do you think I could help? We could still hangout then!" He asks, still grinning. I chuckle. "Yeah, I'm sure she wouldn't mind." I smile as Matt's face lights up in excitement. "Okay! I'll pick you up in twenty minutes then?" I watch as he jumps up from his bed with his phone. "Perfect." I smile as I watch him kiss the camera before hanging up.

I finish getting ready and before I know it I hear a couple honks from outside of my house as I hurry downstairs and out the front door, locking it behind me. Matt is smiling as I hurry over to the car and climb into the front seat. "Hi." He smiles and looks over at me. "Hi!" I smile back and peck his lips with mine, then he pulls out of the driveway as I connect my phone to the aux and play my playlist.

We soon arrive at my sisters house and Matt and I walk up to the door and knock. Not too long later, my sister and her husband open the door and Matt smiles when he sees Kai in my sisters husbands arms. "Hey!" I say as I smile and my sister smiles back and gives me a quick hug before we enter the house. "I assume Matt's helping out too then?" She smiles as she looks over at Matt. "Yeah!" I say as I grab Matt's hand and we interlock our fingers. "Okay, we'll be back in about an hour! Thank you guys." My sister hugs me once more and then quickly gives Matt a squeeze before her husband hands the baby to Matt then they leave out the front door. "He is so adorable." Matt says quietly, to not wake him up. I giggle quietly as I see Matt looking down at the baby with a soft smile on his lips.

Time passes and Matt is sat down with Kai on the couch with the baby in his arms as I am in the kitchen heating up his bottle. I return with Kai's bottle and go up to the pair to feed him. "Can I do it?" Matt asks and I nod and show him how to feed him and Matt quickly learns and takes the bottle from me and feeds him. Matt has the biggest smile on his face as he feeds him.

Soon later Kai finishes all of his bottle and I take it back to the kitchen. "Okay, we need to burp him now." I tell Matt as he hands me Kai and I gently put him over my shoulder and pat his back and a few seconds later he burps. Matt giggles at the sound and I do too as I hand Kai back to Matt as he gently holds him in his arms.

Some more time passes and Matt was showing a picture book to the baby on the couch, as I left to go to the bathroom. When I returned I saw the book open next to them on the couch and Kai in Matt's arms and Matt's head tilted back on the couch, both asleep. I giggled to myself quietly as I walked over and picked up the book and put it back and snapped a photo of the two and sent it to my sister.

After I sent the photo, I walked over behind Matt and ran my fingers across his scalp, through his hair to wake him up. I watched as his eyes fluttered open and he smiled up at me as I removed my hand from his hair. "Looks like someone else needs a nap." I whisper as a smile grows across my lips. "Shut up." He whispers back and quietly laughs as he lifts his head up and looks down at Kai.

I walk over and take the baby from Matt's arms, then I carry Kai up to his room and swaddle him before placing him in his crib and leaving the room. I walk downstairs and see Matt on his phone on the couch as I head to the kitchen and finish cleaning up some dishes for my sister. As I am rinsing off a plate I feel arms snake around my waist and a chin being placed on my shoulder. "Hi Matt." I laugh as I dry the plate. "Hi." He mumbles. I wait for him to move but he doesn't. "Y/n? Have you ever thought about having kids?" Matt blurts out randomly. "Um, yeah, but when I'm older?" My eyebrows furrow as I respond. "Why?" I add. "I want kids so bad, and with you." Matt says as I place the plate on the counter, his arms still around me and his chin on my shoulder. "Matt, we're only nineteen, we have have way more time in the future for kids, and now isn't a good time for them." I slightly chuckle. "But I think we'd be great parents." He laughs as he groans at the same time. "Matt, babe, it's not about that, even though I do agree with you. It's mainly about how young we still are, and how much time we still have." I chuckle as I explain. "I know." He huffs a laugh. "Do you have baby fever?" I joke and turn to face him as he slightly unwraps his arms from my waist and removes his chin from my shoulder, but keeps his hands placed at my waist. "Maybe." He chuckles and I laugh as I lean in to kiss his cheek. "We will be great parents some day though." I smile as I look into his eyes. "Yeah, we will." He smiles back as he looks back into my eyes.

Matt will be the perfect dad one day. I know he will. He is the best with kids and I know he will love and care for ours.

!•𝐺𝑖𝑣𝑒 𝑚𝑒 𝑟𝑒𝑞𝑢𝑒𝑠𝑡𝑠 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑖𝑚𝑎𝑔𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑠 𝑖𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑠•!

•(𝑇ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑘 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑓𝑜𝑟 2𝑘 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑑𝑠!)•

-🧸𝑉𝑎𝑙🧸