014. 𝑂𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑡𝑒𝑐𝑡𝑖𝑣𝑒

As I was getting ready for school I got a text from Matt telling me he was on his way to pick me up for school.

I've been dating Matt for about a year now. I love him so much, he cares for me and listens to me. Except, he can be a little overprotective, but I think that's a good thing.

I finished getting ready and got all my things together as I heard a honk from outside of my bedroom window. I smiled as I hurried downstairs and out of the door to Matt's car.

"Hey Chris, hi Nick." I smiled as I climbed into the passenger. "Hey, Y/n." They smiled back. "Hi, baby." Matt said and turned and kissed me quickly. "Hello." I smiled. Matt pulled out of the driveway and started driving.

"Are you ready for your game tomorrow?" I asked Matt and he sighed. "I guess." He seemed a little stressed. "Hey you'll do great." I encouraged. "Thank you." He smiled. Matt had a lacrosse game tomorrow and I was really excited for him. "It's just..." Matt paused. I looked over at him as his eyes were glued to the road in front of him. "I don't like that Brayden guy." He continued as he gripped the wheel. "Matt-" I was about to speak as he interrupted me. "Y/n, he's fucking weird about you, he tries to take you from me. He's just disgusting and disrespectful." He huffed. I didn't know what to say. Brayden was one of Matt's teammates on his lacrosse team, he always tries to hit on me but it never works because Matt's there, and obviously I don't interact with it. Matts told me that he says some weird shit about me too. I understand why Matt doesn't like him. "Just try to ignore him. He's a dick." I rubbed Matt's shoulder as he nodded. "He is a dick." I heard Chris from the back. Matt and I laughed at Chris's comment.

Time passed and it was the end of the school day. I was walking with Matt to his lacrosse practice, hand in hand. I looked over at him and he looked a little nervous for some reason. "You okay?" I asked. "Oh. Yeah, I'm okay." He looked over at me with a smile.

Once we got to the locker rooms, Matt and I stopped outside of the men's locker room. I pulled him down by the collar of his shirt and placed a kiss on his lips. A couple seconds later Matt was bumped from his side and pushed away from me by someone. I turned to see who did it and waited for them to say 'Sorry'. When I turned I looked up and saw a tall muscular boy looking at Matt. Brayden. "My bad." He said sarcastically as Matt turned around. "What the fuck?" Matt quickly stepped next to me. "What? I'm just trying to get into the locker room." He said innocently, with a smirk. "There's a whole gap here that you could've walked through, past us." Matt pointed. "Guess I didn't see it." Brayden said sarcastically. "Dickhead." I heard Matt say under his breath. "What was that?" Brayden stepped closer to Matt. "Okay, okay." I sighed and stepped in front of Matt and shoved Brayden away by his chest. Brayden eyed me up and down with a smirk, but I ignored him and turned to Matt and saw his eyes glued to Brayden, looking like he could explode with anger. "Matt." I looked him dead in the eyes and his eyes quickly focused on mine. Brayden scoffed and brushed passed us into the locker room. "You'll be fine. Just ignore him." I reassured. He just stared at me with a cold expression on his face. "I'll be in the library studying, okay?" I brushed a strand of hair away from his face. He nodded and I kissed his cheek. I watched as he disappeared into the locker room. I made my way to the library and started studying.

•𝑀𝑎𝑡𝑡𝑠 𝑃𝑂𝑉•

I was so angry I felt like I could just scream. Brayden is such a dick. I could tell Y/n wanted me to not focus on him, but it was impossible. I made it into the locker room and changed and grabbed my equipment.

"Hey, Matt?" Ben from my team hurried after me as I was leaving the locker room. "Hey, Ben what's up?" I asked. "Are you still dating Y/n? Someone told me you guys broke up now Brayden's going after her or something." He explained. Who the fuck made up that lie? "What the fuck? Obviously we're still together." I quickly replied. "Ah, we'll you're lucky man, she's absolutely gorgeous." He patted my shoulder as we made it onto the field. "I know." I huffed as he jogged off to his other friends.