020. 𝐶ℎ𝑟𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑚𝑎𝑠

It was the happiest time of the year once again. This year I was spending Christmas with my boyfriend and his family. I have always been super close with Matt's parents and his brothers, and my parents absolutely adore Matt and his family.

I was over at Matt's for Christmas Eve. My parents are going to come over tomorrow afternoon for presents and such. I asked my mom to bring all of my gifts with her.

We had all just finished dinner, now I was helping MaryLou clean up. "Thank you so much for dinner, MaryLou. It was delicious." I smile as I help her wipe the table. "Of course, sweetheart. You're welcome for dinner anytime." She walks over to me and gives me a side hug before taking the sponge from my hand.

Nick and Chris were making popcorn and hot chocolate to watch a movie, while Matt was using the bathroom. "Y/n, can you get the hot chocolate powder?" Chris asks from the kitchen. "Yeah." I walk over to the pantry and get the powder and walk over to Chris and hand it to him. "Thank you." He smiles and takes it.

"What the fuck? Where's the butter?" Nick exclaims. I giggle as I see it on the other side of the counter. I pick it up and walk over to Nick. "Here." I giggle again. "I don't know what I would do without you, Y/n." Nick grins and takes it from me.

I watch Nick put the butter into the bowl of popcorn when suddenly I feel I pair of arms snake around my waist, and a chin rest on my shoulder. I pair of lips place a soft kiss on my neck. I chuckle and lean into Matt. "Hi, baby." He kisses my cheek. "Why hello." I grin.

"Not here, please!" Nick exclaims sarcastically, turning around with the bowl of popcorn. Matt and I laugh together.

Chris finishes making us all hot chocolate a few minutes later. Nick and Chris go and take everything into the living room while Matt and I clean up their messes. "Okay kids, don't come into our room! We're wrapping some gifts." MaryLou says as she walks into the kitchen. "We won't." Matt chuckles. MaryLou pats Matt's back then goes to inform Nick and Chris.

Matt and I finish cleaning and walk into the living room to see Chris starting the fire and Nick sitting down on the couch while putting a blanket over himself. Nick starts looking for a movie while snacking on some popcorn. Matt walks over and dims the light. I walk over to the blanket basket and get a big, heavy, fluffy blanket for Matt and I and sit down in the corner of the couch and cuddle into the blanket.

Chris let's out an irritated groan as he can't seem to get the fire started. "Matt, help please." He turns around. Matt chuckles and walks over to Chris and helps him start the fire. They finally get it then Matt walks over to me with a huge grin on his face. Before he sits down next to me he just stares down at me. "What?" I giggle, as a blush creeps across my cheeks. "You just look so adorable." Matt giggles back. I cover my face with the blanket, my eyes peeking out to see Matt's cheesy smirk.

"You guys are utterly revolting." Nick exclaims, making fake gagging sounds. Matt flips him off playfully before jumping onto the couch next to me. I pull the blanket over him as he scoots closer next to me and wraps an arm around my shoulders. I lay my head on his chest, desperate to get closer to him, if it's even possible to. I wrap my arm around his waist as I lay my leg on top of his legs, my knee gently placed on his lower waist.

He kisses my forehead as his other arm hugs me closer to him. Nick finally finds a movie and we all agree on it and start watching. Matt gets us some popcorn from Chris and we share a hot chocolate.

Matt would occasionally rub my back or play with my hair. I loved it. It truly felt like the perfect Christmas. Matt suddenly, gently grabbed my chin and tilted my head up and placed a soft, passionate kiss on my lips. I smiled in between the kiss, which forced Matt to smile as well. We pulled away and we both kept the smiles on our lips. "I love you." Matt whispered. "I love you too, Matt." I whispered back then kissed his cheek. Matt squeezed me tighter as I rested my head back onto his chest.