036. 𝑊𝑎𝑠 𝑖𝑡 𝑎 𝑚𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑘𝑒? 100𝑘 𝑆𝑝𝑒𝑐𝑖𝑎𝑙 (1)

I have been best friends with Nick and Chris since elementary school.

The three of us have always gotten along amazingly. Well, except for their other brother Matt. We have always hated each other.

We just have never gotten along, and I enjoy teasing him and making him mad. Chris has this weird theory that were going to end up dating. Crazy theory.

Recently, Matt has been flirtier towards me. He still teases me, but in a flirty way. I seem to be doing the same though.

Nick thinks he likes me, but that can't possibly be true. We hate each other. Right?

Tonight, the four of us are going to a party that a few of our friends are throwing. I'm a little nervous, but I'll have Nick and Chris.

I started getting ready about an hour before we left.

I put on a purple, short, flowy dress. I added matching purple heals and silver jewelry.

I did my makeup and curled my hair then added some perfume.

Chris ran into the bathroom as I was just finishing getting ready. "Y/n, are you ready yet?" He asked impatiently. "Yes, let's go." I giggled as I followed Chris out of the bathroom.

I walked into the kitchen where Nick and Matt were waiting. I noticed Matt's gaze immediately fall onto me.

His jaw slightly dropped as his eyes scanned me. "Wow, you look amazing, Y/n!" Nick smiled. "Thank you! You look amazing too." I smiled back.

Matt slightly shook his head. "Yeah, whatever, let's go." Matt started walking towards the front door. I looked at Nick and Chris and we all shrugged.

We all got in the car and I sat in the back with Nick while Chris sat in the front. I noticed Matt looking at me through the rear view mirror at times. It made me a little nervous, I don't know why.

We came to a stop at a red light and Matt's eyes darted back to the rear view mirror, looking at me again.

The light turned green a few seconds later, and Matt didn't see because he was watching me. "Matt, stop looking at Y/n and drive." Nick snorted.

"I wasn't." Matt said unconvincingly. "Sure." Chris said sarcastically. I giggled.

We arrived at the party and I hurried inside with Nick, while Chris stayed back with Matt.

•𝑀𝑎𝑡𝑡𝑠 𝑃𝑂𝑉•

I know Y/n and I are supposed to hate each other. But she's making it impossible to hate her. She's just so beautiful.

I can't help myself from staring at her. She looks so nice in her dress.

I watched her walk off with Nick to the party while Chris walked with me. "Matt?" Chris asked as we stopped.

"Yeah?" I turned to him. "Do you like Y/n?" He asked hesitantly. I just stared at him blankly for a moment, not knowing what to say.

I shrugged. "Matt, you can tell me. I won't tell her." He encouraged. I sucked in a breath. "Yeah." I said.

"I knew it!" Chris chuckled. "Shut the fuck up."

"She's just so perfect. I just don't want this to be a mistake." I sighed. "Hey, man, just talk to her tonight. There's a high chance she feels the same." Chris smiled.

I nodded and we walked into the house.

I saw Y/n and Nick talking and laughing with some friends. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a drink, watching Y/n from a far distance.