038. 𝑃𝑟𝑒𝑔𝑛𝑎𝑛𝑐𝑦

Matt and I have been married for about 2 years now, and we have been dying for a baby.

We both absolutely adore the idea of having a baby, it just hasn't happened yet. I have tested a few times and it was positive once.

The pregnancy was going amazing, until it went downhill and we had a miscarriage.

We were absolutely devastated, but we never gave up. I had tested last week and it was negative, I could tell Matt was upset.

I was relaxing in Matt and I's bed while he was working in the office downstairs. I was scrolling through my phone when I realized I was a few days late for my period.

I paused and turned off my phone. I thought for a second and decided to not get my hopes up.

I sat up and climbed out of bed and walked downstairs. I walked into Matts office while he was typing on his computer.

"Hey, babe." He smiled while focusing his attention on me. "Hi, baby." I smiled back. "What's up?" Matt asked.

"Um, I'm a few days late for my period." I said. Matt perked up a bit. "Do you want to test again?" He asked softly.

I thought for a second then nodded. Matt smiled and got up from his chair and walked over to me.

He smiled and I took his hand and he got the car keys and we headed to the car.

We got to the store and I had to drag Matt past the baby clothes isle. "Babe, come on, look at how cute the clothes are!" Matt pleaded, trying to tug me towards the isle.

"Matthew!" I tugged him away. Matt sighed dramatically and we headed towards the isle we needed.

I grabbed a few tests just in case. Matt smiled and took my hand while we walked to the checkout.

I put the tests in front of the lady at the cashier and she smiled brightly at Matt and I while she scanned them.

Matt paid and I took the bag. "Good luck." The lady smiled at us while we started to walk away. "Thank you." Matt smiled back.

We got back home and I went upstairs to the bathroom and tested. I didn't look at the test and immediately put the cap back on.

I walked back downstairs and Matt was waiting for me in the kitchen. He had a nervous but excited expression on his face.

I set the test face down on the counter and turned to Matt.

I was really fucking nervous, and I knew Matt could tell. His facial expression softened as he looked at me.

"Hey." Matt said softly as his arms snaked around me. My arms did the same and he pulled me closer.

"Whatever it is, I love you so much." Matt spoke softly in my ear. "I love you so much." I smiled and kissed Matt's cheek.

We pulled away and Matt gently pressed his lips against mine, softly kissing me as I kissed him back.

We pulled away and Matt kissed my forehead. "Ready to check?" He asked, almost whispering. I nodded.

Matt and I turned towards the counter as his hand placed on my back.

I hesitantly picked up the test and turned it over, holding it close to my face.

Pregnant.

My eyes widened. "Oh my god." I gasped. I handed the test to Matt. He gasped as well and set the test on the counter.

"Oh my god!" He smiled, I turned to him and laughed. Matt wrapped his arms around me and lifted me off of the ground.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, and my legs around his waist and kissed him. "We're having a baby!" He smiled brightly at me as we pulled away.