you should have seen him

Don't you hate it when your friend sends you off to go and order something. Or even when you have to go up and buy something and you feel everyone shaming your purchase, even the cashier?

Yeah I hate when that happens, I was socially awkward to say the least and got anxious over what some would consider stupid things. And while Beth knew all of this, she chose to be that friend. The one who thinks they're doing great in contributing to my recovery of my anxiety when actually, she's the biggest a** in my books.

"Now, that wasn't so bad, was it?" I could feel my reddened cheeks scream yes at her and I'm nearly sure they did until I realised I wasn't a mental patient.

"No, apart from spilling the milkshake on the cashier, it was fine" I slammed her drink before her and took my own seat.

"Told you so," Her lips sucked on the straw until the delicious creamy delight began shooting up. "Now, as I said, El and I think the lakeside will be so fun this year, they have a massive lake with an open campsite by it. There's so much to do too."

I really didn't understand why she had to drag me out of my temporary hibernation and into some diner to ask if we could go to a lake rather than a beach. I was probably the most easy-going out of our friend group, under most circumstances.

"Sounds great, Beth" I sipped up through my straw and silently pleaded for the cashier to stop looking over at us as he wiped milkshake from his polo shirt.

"Okay, so who have you invited so far?" She questioned.

"Jasper, Joe, Kate and Robin. I'm not sure if Louis can make it, apparently he's moving to London to settle before University"

Louis was always at the top of my list. He was my best friend up until his mum passed away and he was put into a foster home. It was a pretty rough experience for tween us, but I'm glad to say, we pulled through.

We kept in contact and I just got into the habit of inviting him every year. Him having access to buying alcohol had nothing to do with it at all.

"Aw, that sucks. I love Lou." She pouted.

I rolled my eyes and scoffed. "Yeah, I'm sure you do. Totally nothing to do with the fact you both love hooking up every night."

"You're making me out to be such a slag, there's nothing wrong with hookups, you should try it some time. I heard Harry broke up with his girlfriend..."

She paused momentarily as if suggesting something. Again, Harry. Why was this kid important all of a sudden?

"That's great, Beth. At least now you have a chance, all you need to do now is be a decent person, oh, maybe being somewhat appealing to the human eye will help too." I teased.

She scowled and flipped me off while all I could do was smile in satisfaction. That was until she kicked me under the table.

"I hate you sometimes, Mae. Plus I've had my fair share of him. He's not really my type anymore. " Her short auburn hair was swooped over her shoulder as she hooked her bag strap along it and I chose to ignore what she said. I didn't know she had been with Harry.

I stood up and pulled my loose denim shorts down a bit before we both began leaving the diner. "Your house or mine?"

"Mine. your dog is disgusting, no offence" Ever since she got that dog I've only stepped foot inside her house twice, and even then I couldn't manage so I left within ten minutes.

"He's cute, you just have to ignore the saliva." I grimaced at the image of her stocky bulldog littering saliva all over my hand when I first met him. I swiftly escaped the room and stayed out in the garden.