Hi, sweetheart

That morning El and I went to school, and the day flew by just as fast as the weekend. I was thankful, although having Mr. Malik stare from across the room at me as I crafted my clay was very uncomfortable, and it dampened my day slightly. He hasn't spoken to me since the trip to the art museum, not that I'm protesting. But I sort of liked it, and him ignoring me now disappointed me.

I was strolling through the hallways with El, Beth and Avery as we headed to leave. Beth and I still hadn't fully spoken to each other, and I assumed that's what we were going to do as El opted to walk home meaning I was left with Beth in my car.

We parted ways in the car park and I found myself avoiding any eye contact with Beth while we scrambled to my jeep in the rain. She shrieked and held her jacket over her head, and I cursed to myself while searching for my keys. "Mae, hurry!" She yelled. I wanted to tell her to shut up, but grabbed my keys from the bottom of my duffle bag instead and unlocked the vehicle.

I slid into the drivers seat and stuck the key in the ignition. The sound of Beth complaining was drowned out by the rain splashing against the window and the engine roaring. Thank you, lord. I turned in my seat to reverse, the window wipers not really doing a great job.

"I fucking hate this weather." Bell moaned. She raked her skinny fingers through her brown hair and frowned. A smile tugged at my lips while I reversed, shifting gear and then taking off. I adjusted my mirror and shrugged. "It's nice." Was all I said.

She slumped into the seat and crossed her arms. "Are we okay?" She mumbled. I turned to face her for a moment, and was surprised when I saw she was already staring at me. I took a deep breath and looked back to the road, hitting the break lightly as we approached a traffic light. "I guess."

She rolled her head back and let out an exaggerated sigh. "I guess." She mocked me. "Maelyn," I flickered my eyes to her, waiting for her to go on. "I know what I did. I know, okay? But I didn't know you had feelings for Harry an-"

"Woah, woah, woah." I stopped her, almost hitting the breaks harshly this time. "I don't, and I don't know where you heard that. I don't." I confirmed, my eyebrows were pinched together  

Where on earth did she even get that idea from? I wasn't even mad at her for getting with Harry, I was mad she turned her back on me for a guy. But then I remembered my dream. I caught them two in Louis' room, and I burned with jealousy.

A giggle escaped her rosy lips and she uncrossed her small arms. She was so small, yet so fierce. "Ok, anyways, I'm sorry."

I sighed and pursed my lips. She didn't even know what she was apologising for, neither did I really. I brought my finger to my hair, and tucked away a strand of wet hair behind my ear. "Beth, I was mad that you turned your back on me. Like at that party in Avery's for example. It really hurt, and you ditched El and I multiple times for him. I don't usually care about your hookups, but this one was close to home and you know how I feel about him." I whined. I knew I sounded childish, but so did she. The whole situation was childish, actually.

She didn't say anything for the rest of the car ride to her house, only kept saying she was sorry until I would forgive her, and I did. I let her go with it and reminded her I still loved her, even though she can be extremely annoying. And that was it, Beth and I were fine. I think.

The rest of my ride home was short and silent. The sound of the rain crashing against my windows was what I listened to, and I found myself actually enjoying it. I couldn't help but think back on her words. Was I jealous?

The obvious answer would be yes, of course. She could have any man she wanted, and I was yet to have a real relationship. My past ones were silly, and usually ended in me being hurt.