Baby it's cold outside

It was officially christmas. I was woken up from my deep slumber by Megan, who was coaxing me to go downstairs with her to see if Santa had visited, and she was simply too scared to do it by herself incase he was down there right now. I couldn't help myself but get excited too as she led me to the stairs, where we joined Reece. 

We woke Alfie up to come down too, I figured he wouldn't want to miss her sweet little face when she saw her presents, and so I woke mum and dad too. At seven in the morning, the seven of us excitedly went down the stairs together, Becca included.

And just like we had all expected, all we could hear were loud gasps from Reece and Megans mouths. I tiredly smiled, adoring how they ravished through their piles of toys, Reece admiring his new bike while Megan was sitting in her pink barbie car. I laughed at the sight and sat down on the couch. I was soon told to go open my own presents from 'santa'. With a grin, I kneeled down beside where Becca and Alfie were sat, each of us ripping our gifts open. 

Mum and dad had spoiled us with lots of little goodies, but I was especially happy to find the most beautiful pair of earrings from them and ended up giving them the biggest hugs for about ten minutes, until I was pryed off and everyone decided it was time for breakfast.

As the morning went on, we all spent the day unusually close with no arguments, and I was currently stuck in the living room playing with Megan while Alfie and Dad helped Reece set up the trampoline he received from his godparents out the back garden. Mum was cooking dinner already, getting everything prepared for our feast later, as a few relatives were due to drop in and join us. 

'Mae, look!' Megan yelled out and I watched as she reversed in her toy car. I smiled widely and walked towards her. 'I wonder if I fit in there.' I told her. I wasn't saying it to annoy her, it actually looked quite fun, and Megan seemed to think so too. She immediately hopped out and motioned for me to get in, and I did.

I was a giant compared to the size of it. I managed to squeeze in, my long legs folding and knees poking out of it desperately while I tried to press my foot on the pedal. I went forward, but the car struggled to go as fast under my weight. Megan snickered and pulled at the fabric of my PJ top. 'I wanna do it outside.' She exclaimed. I jumped out, barely getting my legs out without hurting myself, and thought. 'Yeah, okay. But quickly, before grammy sees us.' I whispered. Megan jumped up and down in excitement and ran to get her shoes and coat. I copied her, and shrugged on a denim jacket and scarf, slipping on my boots after. I helped her out with tying her shoes and began to push to door to the door while she held it open. 

I steadily rolled the car out onto the path, thankful the snow didn't stick last night. 'Don't go out onto the road, Megs.' I warned her. It was absolutely freezing outside, I began to wrap my scarf around my chest heavily, letting it cover the lower half of my face too. As I did this, Megan watched me from her car and raised her arms.

'You get in!' Her excitement was so pure, she was so cute. I wasn't passing on her offer and got back in as she got out and pretty quickly, I took off in the not so fast barbie car, laughing as I dodged some walls and Megan chased me with snowballs. Her giggles filled the air making it all the better, and as if the day couldn't get any more perfect, it began to snow. 

'Megs look, it's snowing!' I cheered. I stopped the car and looked up at the sky in awe. Megan did too as she walked towards me. She stuck her tongue out to catch a snowflake and I copied her, both of us in hysterics at each other, and I truly felt so happy in that moment. She climbed onto my lap in the car and sat facing me, so as we could catch snowflakes together. Her little tongue continued to stick in and out as I drove us up and down the driveway, then left our garden and decided on a little adventure down the road. Megan clapped her hands in joy, immediately letting her chubby little fingers rest on my shoulders to hold on. The sound of the car was so annoying, and I am pretty sure everyone on the road could hear it. 

And indeed they did because soon enough a few of the other kids who lived around started to come out one by one with their own new toys. Megan watched on as we sat parked on the empty road, watching some of the neighbourhood kids cycle or scoot with their new things, some even flying remote helicopters. 

'I love you mae-mae.' Megan smiled. My heart literally melted, and I awed loudly as she snuggled into my chest. I rest my hand on her back and rubbed it up and down, placing a kiss on the top of her head. 'I love you too mini meg, you're so cute.'

'You're so cringey,' Someone snickered from behind. We both got a fright it seemed, as we both fell to the side and toppled over in the car. With a laugh, Megan helped herself up off of the ground and jumped up and down with glee. 'Prince Harry!' She exclaimed. 

I pushed myself up too and winced as my palms came into contact with the cold concrete. Once I was up, I noticed it was indeed Harry and my heart start doing its routine flutter whenever I saw or heard of him. I was starting to even annoy myself with this strange new obsession, I didn't like it. Megan clung to his long legs and he ruffled her hair. 

'Enjoying yourselves?' He asked. He looked up from Megan to me. I rolled my eyes and picked the car up so it was upright, and began pushing it towards the house. 'We were, till you came.' I teased him. My back was facing him and I smirked to myself as I wheeled the car up to the doorway. When I turned around, Harry was following me with Megan calmly in his arms and me yet again, melted. I was a hormonal pre-teen when it came to those two.

'Sorry,' He falsely apologized, setting Megan down inside the house when I walked in. As she ran off into the kitchen, yelling about how cool her car is to my mother, I was pulled back outside into the cold by Harry. He snickered as I stumbled over my feet, and I swore I would kill him. As I stood out in the snow, I took the time to actually look at him. He looked as if he were only awake. His hair was messier than usual, and he wore the same outfit as last night, only this time he had some sneakers on his feet and a jacket. I could see some slight stubble littered along his jaw and upper lip. His skin was pale, which made his eyes look an even darker shade of green. 

'Are you going to talk or just continue to check me out, love?' He suddenly asked. I shook my head, exiting my little trance and looked into his eyes this time. That smile I loved so dearly spread across his lips and he too shook his head. 'Merry Christmas.' I blurted out.

He seemed a little surprised, but returned the saying and then began laughing again. 'Last time I tried to tell you that, we were rudely interrupted.' He smirked. He flashed me a wicked grin and I felt my chest tighten. 

'Yeah..' I paused. 'Wait, why are you here? It's Christmas, be with your family.' I said. Harry rolled his eyes and shoved his hands into his coat pocket desperately. I was expecting a smartass reply, but instead, he remained silent. All that came from him was the white fog that left his pink lips each time he exhaled. 

Then, he broke the silence. 'My whole family is over.' He sighed out, running a hand through his chocolate locks. I watched his hand and then examined his facial expression for a hint. I wasn't sure how Harry was with his extended family, but to me, it didn't look too good. 

'My aunt doesn't like me.' He explained. I stuttered a little, trying to explain I wasn't going to ask but he shushed me. 'I just wanted some fresh air, Mae.' He sighed. He tried to crack a smile to lighten the mood and so I offered him one back, trying to seem cool about it all when in reality I began to worry about him. I was scared that if he was pushed, he would lash out and do something he would regret. So, instead of staying silent as usual, I began talking. 

'Well fuck em, and if it helps, I'm free after five. So come over for awhile if you need it.' I gently rubbed his upper arm, trying to comfort him. I was really desperate with this type of stuff. Harry caught on to my bad comforting skills and snickered, removing my hand from his shoulder. 'You're shit at helping people, never try that again.' He laughed. 'But yes, I'll be over. Either that or I'll end up in my room alone, that woman drives me crazy.' 

I felt a little excited that Harry would want to spend some of christmas with me, but I contained myself. I just nodded and smiled widely, putting a hand on the door handle. 'okay, I'll see you at five then.' I shot him a joking wink, trying to make it less awkward but failed at that too, as I could not wink for the life of me and probably just looked like a stroke victim. 

'Yeah..don't do that either.' He stared at me in horror, most likely feeling very confused as to what I was even trying to do. He gave me a quick hug and ushered me to get inside, quoting a song; 'Baby it's cold outside,'

With that, he disappeared from my sight and left for his own house as I hauled Megan's car inside, wondering why on earth this was happening to me.