Prom?

A few weeks later

May 24th

With graduation, came senior prom. After things were patched up with Beth, El and I, things began to run smoothly for me. The revelation of Beth now dating Casper was the only obstacle. I tried to warn her, but she refused to listen and I stepped back.

I was nervous. Not only had Casper come back, but tonight was senior prom. I wasn't nervous about prom. I was nervous about Casper being in the same room as Harry - More importantly, how Harry would react. I warned him, and that was all I could do.

My sister gently zipped up the back of my dress and squealed. "Baby sis, you look so hot." She exclaimed. I laughed and checked myself in the mirror. My breasts felt sore from being pressed against the silk material but I ignored it, the look was worth it. I have never looked into the mirror and thought 'Wow, I look good' until tonight. From the hair to the nails, everything was perfect and my heart began to race as I heard my relatives talk downstairs. Everyone was here- mostly to finally meet Harry after all these months, but also to see Dad, who was on his way to recovery. I was so happy he was here for this.

"Okay, let's go down. Harry arrived about thirty minutes ago and I'm sure he needs your saving from the family." Becca snickered. She smiled at me softly and I felt my stomach turn. I was feeling extremely embarrassed, as once I stepped on those stairs, I knew all eyes would be on me and that made my stomach churn.

"I'm shitting myself," I told her, lifting the ends of my dress to walk to the staircase. She only laughed and lead the way. I could see most of my cousins lounging in the living room from the top of the stairs and a few more relatives before anyone noticed my presence.

"Oh, my gosh, Steve. Get the camera!" My mother yelled, pushing through some people. I laughed and walked down towards everybody. Pictures were being taken from every angle and I wanted to scream but kept quiet and finally got to the bottom. I was bombarded with compliments, which of course I didn't mind, but I was looking for Harry.

I looked around, thanking anyone who said they liked my dress. I walked into the kitchen and immediately spotted him. He was speaking with my dad and I smiled at the sight. I began my way over to him, but I was pulled back.

"Let's get a picture lovely." My aunt told me. I nodded and leaned into her, smiling for the picture. Once the flash went off, I walked to Harry once again, this time reaching him.

"You look beautiful." He smiled. I rolled my eyes. "You too, styles." I told him.

I wasn't lying. He looked breathtakingly handsome and I couldn't keep my eyes off of him. His shirt matched the colour of my dress, truly making us look like we belonged to one another. He cut his hair, and while I would miss his slightly long locks, he looked amazing with shorter hair. A simple black suit adorned his tall figure and enhanced all of his physical features. I truly was very lucky.

He carefully put his hand on the small of my back and placed a sweet kiss on my cheek, being careful not to smudge my makeup. I was glad to see he didn't bring a corsage or flowers. I thought they looked so stupid, and I warned him that if he brought them, I would kill him.

"Your family is very interesting." He told me, sipping on the champagne he held in his other hand as his eyes roamed around the room. I groaned and turned to face him. "What did they say to you?" I asked. I took a glass of champagne myself from the countertop and drank it.

Harry shrugged. "A few warnings to not hurt you, a few stories about you..you know. The usual." He smirked. I laughed and shook my head, looking around the room too. Some relatives were drinking too and some were just sitting there, staring at me and smiling. Awkward.