white sundress

(pic for referenc)

It was currently half past seven in the evening and I had spent the last hour getting ready whilst Harry watched television. It was hard to get ready with someone else in your space, so after he shaved and had his shower I kicked him out to the bedroom. It was weird having him by my side all day, sharing the same room. 

I slipped my white sundress over my body, frowning at my reflection. I liked my hair and makeup, but the dress seemed so casual to me. Especially after seeing Harry dressed up in his shirt and black skinny jeans. Skinny jeans because I told him to make it more casual, he was originally wearing a pair of black suit pants.I fixed my hair once more before unlocking the door and walking to the bedroom part of the hotel. Just like I expected, Harry was chilled out on the bed on his phone, and dropped it to the mattress once noticing I was in the room. 

"Mae, wow." He breathed. I smiled and got my purse from the table before sliding some bangles onto my wrist. He came to my side and gripped my waist, spinning me. "I told you you'd look better than me." He smiled. 

I sighed out, feeling a bit stupid for fussing over it all day. I got on my tip toes and pecked his lips. "You look very handsome." I told him. He winked, "I know."

I rolled my eyes and shrugged on a coat as did he, and we were on our way. The restaurant was actually apart of the hotel so all we had to do was cross lobby and it was outside. Harry took my hand in his as we walked though the hallways, passing by many other couples just as dressed up. I noticed I was looking at all the girls, admiring their gorgeous outfits and their beautiful figures. I smiled at one couple, who reminded me of El and Avery, and kept walking until Harry walked up to the reservations desk.

"Styles." He told her. She checked for his name, then smiled widely. "Yes, the styles'. Your table is just ready, Greg here will show you to it." The short woman motioned to a waiter who was already waiting on us, holding two menus. He greeted us and showed us to our table, which was right by a window that looked out onto the bust street. We both sat and took the menus, thanking him.

"This is so fucking fancy." Harry laughed. "This table looks more expensive than my car." He continued laughing and I joined him. "Thank you for taking me here, Harry." I smiled, looking at him. 

He grinned back cheesily and then opened up the menu. "Okay, now let's break the bank."

I laughed and opened up mine too. Instantly I saw all the expensive dishes and cringed at the prices. "Fifty pounds for a steak, are they crazy?" I asked aloud. Harry shrugged. "The cow must have been royalty." He joked. I shook my head and steered more towards the pasta dishes. They were still expensive so I kept looking. 

"Stop that." He said suddenly. I looked up at him. "Stop what?" I asked him. "You're choosing what you want based off of the price. I took you here for a reason, so get whatever you want." He told me. "I'm getting that fifty pound steak, so really, don't worry about it babe."

I nodded and went back to the pasta section. After we ordered, me settling on pasta carbonara, Harry made sure to pour out the wine for us. "I'm happy you're here with me." He said. I cocked my head to the side, resting my chin on my hand. "Why wouldn't I be?"

"I don't know, I just dont usually do things like this. I'm just glad it's with you." He stumbled over his words, which I found cute, and I cooed. He shook it off and we both sat drinking our fancy wine like the fancy people we were for the night. Eventually our food came and we dug into that, both of us stuck in conversation with the other I felt I was getting to know him all over again. 

I leaned forward in my seat as Harry told me about the friends he had in cheshire. I was just waiting for him to mess up and mention his ex, Aria.  He didn't though, and he continued to tell me every little detail about how he grew up and who his friends were. I returned the favour.