Isn't it lovely?

(Mae & Alfie in pic btw ^^)

"I can't believe my little girl is eighteen in a few days!" My mother chirped. I wanted to roll my eyes and brush her off as I combed my hair in the mirror but I couldn't help it and smiled to myself in the reflection of the mirror. 

'About time.' I sighed. I wasn't sure what being eighteen even meant for me, I mean I already drank but only this time I suppose I didn't have to go through the struggle of fake IDs. 

'About time is right, now you can maybe get a job and stop scrounging off of me.' Harry snickered. My mother and I gasped and I threw the hairbrush at him as he lay on my bed, phone in hands. He hissed and sat up, glaring at me. 

'You shut your mouth. You offer me money, I'm not going to say no.' I fought back. He was about to say something smart until my mother chimed in, "Maelynn Rose, I did not raise you to depend on a man." She yelled. 

Harry and I laughed lightly at her anger. 'I don't depend on him.' I reassured her. 'Tell her, Harry.' I shot him a warning look and he nodded quickly.

'She doesn't, I just like to treat her sometimes Mrs Fletcher, don't worry.' He smiled. My chest tightened as he flashed my mother a grin. I felt so fulfilled lately. Harry and I had only been dating for two weeks but it felt perfect and so normal, almost like we had been dating for years. 

My mum rolled her eyes and whispered some rude Spanish words as she walked hastily out of my bedroom, making sure to leave the door wide open. Harry was on his feet now, investigating one of the pictures on my wall. I tied my hair into a ponytail and walked over to him. "What you looking at?' I asked him.

He folded his arms and looked at me briefly before looking at the picture again. It was one of me and Louis at camp from years ago. 'You and Louis, were you always close?' He questioned. He continued to analyse the photo and I shrugged. It was a peculiar question but I went along with it. "I guess. He was like an older brother really, still is. Why?" I cocked my head to look up at him and watched as his thin lips pressed together firmly. 

"Just asking. And him, who is that?" His brows furrowed quickly when he pointed to another photo. I dragged my eyes from his face and to the photo in question. "That's one of the guys from my old school." I smiled. This wasn't enough though and Harry's eyes met mine to silently tell me to further explain.

"His name was Jack, he used to bring in a bag of peanuts every day for Clare because it was her favourite and she brought in apple juice. I was forever convinced they were going to get married and I still am."

Harry just slowly nodded and continued to look at the photos that decorated my wall. "Why are you so concerned about these pictures, Styles?" I asked. I took a seat at the edge of my bed and stared at his back while he walked around. 

His shoulders shrugged and he turned to face me. My eyes went straight to his eyes and I had the sudden urge to kiss him but withheld that action. I was always in awe of Harry and sometimes I questioned how I managed to get someone like that. Harry took a seat beside me and put his arm around my shoulder. "Just asking, damn." He replied. 

I turned slightly to see his face. I was going to question him further but I dropped it when he smiled at me and pressed a kiss to my forehead. "I have work, baby girl." He mumbled. I sighed in defeat and nodded. He started work at Robin's business recently and I hated it. He loved it, but it meant that he spent his evenings and weekends away from me and he knew I didn't like that. We had just started this strange relationship and it was going to take time for it to become something real so not spending a lot of time around each other already wasn't ideal. But it made him happy, so I tried my best to compromise.