adults and wine and being all fake

Tuesday crept up fast, and I was left all morning with the thoughts of Harry swirling around in my mind. We had one of the most normal conversations yesterday, and I could have sworn he was genuinely concerned as to why I was upset. He was like old Harry, cocky, funny and sweet. He was definitely a charmer.

I found out he was almost finished his business management course and was going to be starting work in January - I felt really happy for him.

His smile stayed in my head for the rest of the night. His cute dimples hollowing out his cheeks and his rosy red lips, he was just adorable. Well, when he wasn't being an ass at least. He didn't stay long, in fact he was gone within an hour. Just as my dad got home, explaining he kicked Harry's ass. I just rolled my eyes and let it go.

It wasn't until Thursday rolled around when my life began to get exciting again. A long Thursday, dragged out by long classes and Mr. Malik's dreamy eyes making my stomach churn when they looked at me, came to an unexpected turn when I arrived home only to be greeted by a swarm of cars in the driveway.

I scrunched my brows together, trying to remember if my mum mentioned a book club meeting or anything like that. I parked my car and headed into the house. Immediately I was greeted by a small blonde attacking my legs.

"Aunty Mae!" She yelled. Her small chubby arms wrapped around my legs and my hand rested on her head. I was definitely confused.

A grin spread across my face as I immediately embraced her. "Megan!" She nuzzled her tiny nose into the crook of my neck, and wrapped her little arms around me. "I missed you, baby." I cooed.

I wasn't expecting to come home to her at all, or my brother Alfie who was creeping towards us from the kitchen. I let Megan down and hugged him instead as she ran off. "What are you doing here?" I laughed.

He pat my back and put his hands on my shoulders. "I'm on mid term, I just missed everyone." He smiled. The grin never left my face. You'd think that siblings would have this stereotypical love hate relationship, where we love to hate one another. With Alfie, it was a lot more than that. Growing up he was my best friend almost and he's one of my sole protectors. I was always close with him, so having him home made me feel safer already.

We both walked into the kitchen, where the rest of my family were chatting as Reece and Megan hovered over the computer. I set my bag down on the counter and joined the conversation. They were talking about some gossip going around until the topic of Halloween came up.

"I was thinking of throwing a party here." Mum mumbled. Her red stained lips pressed against a mug as she sipped some tea and I raised a brow.

"You're going to throw a Halloween party?" I laughed. I knew mum was good for throwing small dinner parties, but a themed Halloween one was not in her field of expertise.

She shrugged, "Why not?" Her fingers wrapped firmly around the mug until she sat it down on the table. "I've spoken to a few of my colleagues, they said they'd come, the neighbours will too I'm sure- Anne will definitely come. Probably help out too. And Alfie and Megan are home, it's perfect!"

We all just agreed. She was so happy right now, you'd have to actually be evil to tell her no. And that is exactly what Reece is. Evil. He turned around and whined loudly, gaining everyone's attention. "Mum that's boring. Your parties are boring, it's all adults and wine and people talking to everyone being fake." He yelled.

I was surprised at how much he observed mums parties, so was everyone else. We all stared back to mum. Her lips parted to speak, but she couldn't find anything to say.

"That's why you're not going to be there. I'm sure you can stay at a friends house." Dad piped in. He smirked at him and looked back to a dazed mum. "It'll be a no kid zone, darling." He assured her.