And now I have a kid

Meeting with the eyes of my brother as I climbed through my window quietly wasn't my cup of tea. But I took the fact it wasn't my mum as a piece of sheer luck, now all I had to do was try to convince Alfie not to blab. Huh, good luck with that.

"Well, well, well," He tutted and crossed over his arms. I almost rolled my eyes at his attitude. I wasn't his child. He took care of me more than Megan sometimes.

I could hear Harry's snicker from the wall from up here and apparently, so could Alfie. "Who's that?" He absconded across the room and peered out of the window, spotting Harry now on his own roof.

"Oi!" Alfie hollered. "Think your funny, eh? Bringing her back the next day?" Harry shut up laughing after that and went pale from what I could see, making me smile. I knew Alfie was joking. He wasn't tense and would never approach someone so calmly if he was angry at them.

"No, sorry. The car broke down and our phones were dead." He muttered.

"Mhm, I was a young lad too not too long ago, had those nights with girls too." He chuckled. "And now I have a kid."

Harry's face contorted into confusion, as did mine. What did Alfie think we actually did? And more importantly, if he thought that, why wasn't he angry with us both?

"Oh no, it wasn't like that." Harry's voice was heavy, probably from the rough night but it was something else.

"Okay well, bye Harry! I'll talk to you later. C'mon, Alfie." I shut the window and yanked Alfie away. Otherwise, I feel this conversation would become even more awkward and weird.

"Mum and Dad are in nans, do you know how lucky you are right now?" He rolled up his flannel sleeves. "They were worried about you but nan fell down the steps at her door so they rushed over at around half six," He checked his watch and looked back up at me, disappointed.

"Is she okay?" My nan always had strange things happening to her so the news wasn't shocking. Last time, her wheelchair wheel got caught in the weeds at eight in the afternoon while she chased a guy trying to sell her magazines.. She laughed about it in the end. Of course, this was after the fire brigade and doctor were called by my mum who was babysitting twins the night who had to go with her. So yeah, strange.

"Where were you is the real question." He pressed.

"Okay, so last night we were both extremely tired. We decided to take a twenty minute nap because we were both practically asleep at the wheel, turns out Harry forgot to set another alarm and we slept it through the night." There was no point in lying to Alfie. He's too full of questions to lie to, except under certain circumstances of course.

"I'll keep my lips sealed. But," He dragged his sentence and looked up at me with a devious smirk. "Can you watch Megan until around four? I know it's early, she probably won't wake for another hour, but I have a meeting with this guy who's willing to rent me his apartment here when I'm done with university. It's pretty far though, so I'll be gone awhile"

I groaned loudly. I just wanted to sleep. Surely Megan was a joy to have around but she was so full of energy and Reece is too, two of them are quite a tough bunch.

"Yes, okay. But you can't say a word to Mum or dad. Tell them I came in last night."

"They looked in your room this morning and worried when you weren't there, though."

Damn it, I thought. Usually it's easy to lie my way out of things with my mum and dad. I don't know about this one.

"Listen, I'll tell them you walked to a payphone and rang me so I picked you up. Let's stick to Harry's lame ass little 'the car broke down' excuse." He snickered and opened my bedroom door.