Darling

Halloween Special
                                 No POV
It was nearing late evening, six pm getting close. Fog began to creep up the streets and lick at the ankles of children who were trick or treating, and fireworks drowned out the sounds of screams from the scared children. It was eerily quiet on the Fletchers street though. And while some things were going down that shouldn't have been, Mae and her friends were giddily getting ready, like school children. El, adorned in thin leather swayed her hips to a song coming from a speaker in the bedroom while she zipped her girlfriend up. Mae and Beth laughed excitedly as they perfected each other's looks. A house party was soon to begin in the Fletchers, and the girls were to join before going out.

And that's what they did. The four seemingly innocent girls went downstairs to the other guests and smiled awkwardly at a handful of parents. Mae, who decided to put her revealing dress on later, wore white high waist jeans and a white crop top. El stuck to her teasing outfit and Beth had on tights under her dress.

Not a lot occupied the house, but the ones who did took the time to admire Ms. Fletchers wonderful decorating for the occasion. Spooky music flooded the rooms and the lights were dimmed as wine began to be poured. The four girls could be found in the back yard with cocktails in hand, watching some festive games go down.

Mae seemed to be enjoying herself, until a large hand spread warmth across her bare shoulder and down her arm. She turned, and relaxed instantly when she recognised her neighbour, Harry Styles. She licked over her bottom lip and observed his handsome face. Her stomach turned. She was so attracted to him, in every way, and just wanted him so bad in that moment.

Harry watched her relax, and he smiled slightly as she stood beside him not knowing what to say. Her eyes began scanning his features, while his scanned her body. He smiled to himself at the idea of her dressed as an angel, because he couldn't think of another thing to describe her. She was quite innocent for her age, he'd never heard of her getting around or getting into trouble. He didn't like the fact he was being quite cringey, comparing her to an angel, so he dismissed these thoughts. She turned back to the games and Harry took his hand from her shoulder with an awkward cough. He then looked around for someone, and when they weren't in sight, he began talking.

"Mae," he caught her attention. "What are you doing later" he asked. He wasn't going to follow her really, he was just interested.

She looked back to her friends who were talking amongst themselves and rubbed her small hands up and down her arms. They were littered in goosebumps and Harry took notice. She smiled softly at him and replied. "A club. Luna, El can get us in." She finished, white smoke coming from her mouth due to the coldness.

Harry scoffed. He couldn't imagine her in a nightclub, especially the biggest one in their little town. Also, her outfit looked like something you would wear to an interview, minus the wings. He didn't voice these opinions though, just nodded and rolled his eyes. "Sounds boring." He brought the gin and tonic to his lips and sipped, his eyes never leaving her ones. El watched the pair from across hopefully. She and Avery found their strange relationship very intriguing, and like many amongst them, wanted them to just be together already. It was inevitable.

Mae felt slightly hurt, but she brushed this off.
"And what about you?" She quizzed. Harry informed her he was meeting up with a friend, but he knew himself he wasn't. Mae only nodded and soon they parted ways while May joined in with her friends again.

Playful banter floated around between the small group as they began to feel tipsy, and this was their cue to leave. Alfie had unwillingly agreed to bring them to the club, not very keen on dropping his underage sister at a nightclub on Halloween.