secrets

I sat patiently in the school bathroom, eyes looking over the reckless graffiti all over the doors at each cubicle. I was waiting for Beth and El. I needed to tell them about Mr. Malik, properly. All week he has been making sexual references in class, giving me knowing eyes and then would linger around where I sat for the majority of classes. I wasn't sure how to feel about it all. I was scared, but I was intrigued.

My fingers tapped against my ripped jeans nervously as I watched different girls walk in and out, none of them being my friends. It wasn't until the bell rang for class they decided to waltz in. A sigh of relief left my lips when I saw the two walk in, chatting away.

"About time." I said. I ushered them both into a cubicle with me. I took a seat upon a closed toilet seat and watched them both tower over me. El crossed her arms over and looked down at me confused, they both were confused. I couldn't blame them, I did just pull them into the cubicle after telling them I had an emergency.

Beth was smaller than El, so she was less intimidating to look up at. Although, it was Beth, so she's always intimidating. "Are you going to stare at us or tell us why you brought us here?" She huffed. I rolled my eyes and composed myself. I didn't really know what to expect from them after this, but I was hoping for the best.

"Don't be weirded out after what I tell you. Promise?" I looked to them both, waiting for them to nod until I went on.

"Okay.." I started off slow, rubbing the palms of my hand along the tops of my legs. "I've gotten really intimate with one of my teachers." I pressed my lips together and kept my gaze down on the floor, eyes tracing the pattern on El's sneakers.

I heard them both gasp, but in a more excited way. Then they got down to my level, bug smiles on their faces. "Maelynn Fletcher, you dirty dog." Beth exclaimed. El looked at me wide eyes, and smiled widely. "Who would have thought you out of all people would be fucking a teacher." She laughed.

I shook my head rapidly. "I haven't fucked anyone." I quickly said. I couldn't even think of having sex with a teacher, it seemed so weird. But it was Mr. Malik, and he wasn't your typical teacher. He was so handsome. I almost had butterflies just thinking about it.

"Not much has happened. But he's kissed me, and a lot more. It happened Halloween too." I bit my lip and looked at them both. I was scared to tell them about Halloween.

El squealed again, and so did Beth. I rolled my eyes again and stood up. "You guys can't tell anyone about this."

They both nodded eagerly. "Which teacher?" El pushed. I knew the question was coming. I contemplated for a bit, but then found myself smiling a little. "Mr. Malik." The name rolled off my tongue so easily, and I felt quite good seeing their reactions of shock and surprise.

"No fucking way," Beth started. "Your art teacher?"

I nodded proudly, a small smile playing on my lips. "Him." I whispered. I was very aware of the fact someone could be listening, so I kept it quiet. They began squealing again and this time I clamped their mouths shut, looking them straight in the eyes. "No one find out, okay?" I said harshly. They nodded.

I released my hands and found myself almost squealing with them. I was glad to have it off my chest to someone, and to people who didn't find it disgusting like I feared they would. The three of us left the cubicle to an empty bathroom and fixed ourselves in the mirror. I looked at my messy hair first, scowling at how frizzy it had gotten. I took it from its bun and let it flow around my shoulders and down my back. It had gotten so long since the start of the year, and I was loving it.

My cheeks were rosy from the cold, and I could see some spots start to make an appearance. Groaning, I fixed my black sweater and headed out of the bathroom with the other two.

We all walked carelessly through the empty hallway, and that's when I realised I was supposed to be in class. I hated being late, it made me so anxious. It wasn't even the part of being late, it was everyone staring at you as you quietly walked into the class. Every footstep you made was so loud to you, and everyone's eyes seemed so judging. I decided to skip Math, and El did too. Beth went to gym, claiming she needed to get her grades up. We both knew she was going to hook up with her new boyfriend in the locker room.

It was just El and I, walking around the halls aimlessly, chatting about my little fling with Mr. Malik that wasn't even a fling at all.