we need to talk

I find it interesting how you can misinterpret someone so much to where the person you really thought they were sizzles away before your eyes to reveal the polar opposite and your worst nightmare.

Now, I'm sure it's no surprise to say this person for me was Harry. And not to circulate my life around him but, it was still happening in my life and dropping the whole thing was something I was incapable of.

I think the fact I was enjoying his company so much only for it to be completely ripped away from me with no reason at all is what has me so hung up on the situation. It was irritating really, I wanted to know why he changed and how he did it so quickly. So that was my goal. Confront Harry.

El called me crazy, so did anyone else I told, even my father. But for me it was a form of closure from our three month friendship -if you could call it that.

Driving home from the party alone, silently thinking to myself helped me come up with the plan. Because once he attempted to kiss me, I could only remember that night at Gemma's party where it all went down. How he looked at me when he left, there had to have been something I did. Or, he thought I did. Maybe this whole thing is one huge misunderstanding.

The two weeks after that rolled in pretty quick and I was only able to catch a sighting of Harry when he snook in and out of his room at night. I kept my curtains open widely for that reason.

I was waiting to maybe catch him on the street, maybe outside both our houses. Even after school where he'd walk a new freshman home every other day. I was just waiting for the right time and when the second week rolled in, I almost gave up.

Good thing I didn't though, because as I stood down in the kitchen, reading over some magazine, Anne strolled in gleefully alongside my mother.

"Mae, put the kettle on - No, get the wine glasses out. This is a celebration!" My mum cheered.

"Uh, sure." I gently closed the magazine and furrowed my brows, complying to her orders straight away. I reached up and took three glasses out. Might as well celebrate too.

"What's this for?" I asked. I set each glass down as my father then emerged with a bottle of wine from the basement, open can of beer in his hands already.

"Your mother and I won a competition - but not just any competition.." Anne fidgeted with the wine bottle before pouring the glasses, losing eye contact with me before she even had any to concentrate on the wine.

My mother picked up from there, hopefully about to clear my confusion. "Remember that Calendar we submitted? Of our cats. Well, we won the contest. We were one of three groups that entered..but that doesn't matter, we won!" Her laughter could soon be heard, followed by Anne's as they clinked glasses.

I rolled my eyes and looked to my dad, who stood there with a smug grin, hand in pocket and a can in his spare hand. "So why are you celebrating, father dearest?" I gave him look, implying I knew he was using the excuse to drink.

"Well, Maelynn," His can was placed onto the counter top along with his hand as he came closer. "Your mother and Anne received a large amount of prize money and for being editor, I shall receive my own plasma screen in the bedroom. So, cheers to that." He finished off with a raise of the can and then a swig.

I snorted, "Editor? You pulled up Microsoft PowerPoint and printed out a few pages."

"Jealousy isn't cute." Mum chimed in.

"No..but them shoes I saw last week were. I do believe I let you use my camera for this.." I smugly grinned and took a glass myself, raising it to my lips only for it to be taken away.