the sex god

first day of school,  senior year. two months later.

So here it was, the one thing I begged and begged for since I was twelve. It wasn't what I thought it would be though, considering I had a salad poured down my top as I stood in the bathroom washing it off. I understand now why Bethany complained about this place so much, everyone here were either too shy to speak or spoke too much shit to other people. I've only been here three hours and already want summer back. Can't say it was my most favourite summer but I got some good things out of it; I now know who to trust, I got to see Megan and Alfie, I got the house to myself with my siblings for a week which ended up with one mess of a party and one month grounding. I also got to receive the news that the girl Alfie was seeing is marrying him. She seems okay, she skyped the family and we're looking forward to flying out at Christmas but she's still that person who hurt Megan so I'll never trust her again. As for Alfie, well I just hope he knows what he's doing.

But yes, back to my glorious day in Burmount High. I had arranged to meet up with El and Beth after Math so they could really show me around, I guess they either forgot or got lost too, like me, because as I said before, here I was with a salad adorning my wonderful sweater. 

"You know, probably should just use the soap, the water here is pretty nasty and has too many calcium ions to form anything, never mind a lather." 

I quickly turned, placing my hands on the sink as the water ran. A girl, who looked my age, stood by one of the cubicles with a smirk evident across her face. She had on similar clothing to me, jeans and a sweater but her hair was bright blue and pink, she reminded me of Claire when we met.

"Oh, thanks." I mumbled, pumping some soap onto the rag I found in the janitor's closet. Ceaser sauce is a bitch to get out. 

"It's cool. I'm Jessie by the way, and if anyone asks, you didn't see me." She pointed to the small window before smiling at me and climbing a toilet, hauling her bag out first. I didn't know how to react, do I ignore her? Help her up? Do I tell? I never had to deal with this stuff in my old school, everyone was just so mature and in order, everyone was so easy to get along with despite us all being girls.

Without another word, I disposed of the rag and calmly walked out and into the hallway, finding it difficult to try and push my way through the other people. They're all jackasses, can they not walk in a straight line or something?

"Oh, there you are, we've been looking all over!" El chirped, linking her arm with mine. I rolled my eyes and scoffed, "I was exactly where I said I would be, the cafeteria." 

"Oh, I could have  sworn you said you'd be at the courtyard." She shrugged and un linked her arm as we stopped by her locker. "Guess who's coming home tomorrow," She sing-songed, smiling at me from over her shoulder.

"Hmm, I don't know, enlighten me." I mocked. I crossed my arms and leaned up against one of the lockers as she began loading things from her bag into her locker. What was the point in decorating your locker up when you have to take it all down again at the end of the year?

"Avery." She giddily smiled. "Her folks are letting us use their barn for a party, It's her birthday in a few days. I can't wait, I got her the best thing ever." She squealed, slamming her locker shut before we took off walking again. "But apart from me, what about you? I haven't heard from you all summer. What happened?" 

"I just was really busy helping my mum set up her flower shop and all, and Reece was always bugging me to bring him places and yeah, what about you?" I asked. I hoped she wouldn't ask anymore about not really having contact with her, I felt bad enough as it is but I had no valid reason, I simply wasn't in the mood to see anyone, I was pretty upset after how the start of summer went, especially with a certain someone who I had to look at everyday through a window.