i couldn't lose you, you're my new source

I don't know why I was so worried about Harry being here, or why I freaked when someone said his name because at the end of our little adventure, I not only discovered there was a cabin not far from us but I now know he's actually a really good friend.

His charming personality really stands out and I don't think we went two minutes without laughing at something. He could get cocky every now and then but it was no harm really, it just made the conversation flow better with playful banter going back and forth while we tried to find our way back.

The sight of Jasper and Niall messing about in the water when we got back made my good mood sizzle away.

It wasn't that I didn't like Niall, he was just a jackass and didn't know when to keep his mouth shut. He's also taken a shine to teasing me particularly so that isn't helping.

I followed Harry around like a lost puppy until we all finally settled down for dinner, the lit fire setting a calming atmosphere. I really did have to thank Beth and El for choosing this place, it was far better than the beach. More private, too.

I put my feet up on one of the logs and sunk into my seat, allowing myself to absorb the sun while it lasted. That was until droplets of water were being shook onto me from above.

"Jas, bug off," I swatted him away with my hand while shielding my eyes with the other.

"Or what, huh?" He grinned and bent down slightly to hug onto me from behind, soaking my newly dry t-shirt.

He was becoming more annoying lately and while I usually enjoyed it, or thought it was fun and entertaining, I truly wanted him to piss off.

With one swift movement, I was up off the seat and out of his arms. He stared at me slightly shocked as I flipped him off. It wasn't much but I was hoping he'd get the message that he was bothering me once I began walking towards my tent.

"Mae, wait," He caught onto my wrist bringing me to a halt and chuckled nervously.

"What's up? Why you in such a cranky mood?" It was hard to stay mad at him when he gave me those eyes. They shifted from their dark blue to a lighter shade from the sun and his whole face softened.

"Nothing, its fine. I was just tired " I smiled reassuringly and watched his face relax more.

"Thought I did something wrong there," He laughed and pushed the fallen hair from my eyes. He was so annoyingly cringe worthy and cute that it made me want to punch his face in, then kiss it better.

"No, besides from soaking me you're all good. "

"Wouldn't be the first time I had you soaked." He winked and let go of my wrist before taking my hand and walking along with me. For a moment, I thought I could feel a motion of warmth shoot up my arm as he did so.

"No, no. I think it was." I stroked my chin in question then nodded, "Yeah it was."

"Whatever, go change so I can bring you somewhere." He pushed me forward to my tent and tapped his non existent watch, "Hurry."

"Where are we going?" I stopped down on my knees before the door and looked up to him. He was still shirtless an had wet swim shorts on so I hope he wasn't planning on actually going out somewhere.

"It's a surprise." He tapped his nose and I groaned, "You know I hate surprises. How will I know what to wear?"

"Wear something you won't mind getting wet, and maybe bring a sweater or something."

I nodded and shimmied into the tent and to my surprise, Beth was inside with El.

"Oh, hey stranger." I zipped back up and turned to the both of them.