chapter 30

*Flashback continues*

My mind was numb. I saw the flames spreading in the room and that's when I heard a familiar screaming.

I saw dae hee running out of the room, leaving me, haya and jungkook behind.

"Taehyung!" I heard a her voice calling out my name at a continuous pace.

Suddenly my breaths got hitched as my mind started gaining consciousness.

I hissed at the pain rose inside my head and back.

The first thing I noticed was flames coming towards me with familiar screams echoing in the room.

I turned my head to see jungkook's unconscious body on the ground, tied up.

I wasn't sure of what's happening but the moment I heard her screams, my heart stopped.

The fire was spreading in the room rapidly.

I immediately drag jungkook out of the room before we both catch fire.

I ran towards the kitchen in search of fire extinguisher or something but couldn't find one.

My mind stop functioning at the moment and I hurriedly goes towards the fridge to find some water bottles but all I could find was one bottle of water.

I grabbed it and ran towards the room which was fully burnt and now the fire was coming out of the room.

My whole body freezes at the scene I was witnessing.

I wanted to hear her but it was like silence surrounded me.
Just flames burning the hall down right infront of my eyes.

"Taehyung oh my god! Are you okay? Where is she?" Hoseok hyung ran towards me holding me by my shoulders as he saw the fire coming out of the room.

"Shit! We need to hurry! Let's go!"
He said while holding me and dragging me out of the lounge.

My mind was screaming her name.
We were here to save her. I was here to take my haya back and live happily with her.

She was screaming for help. Screaming my name for the dear life and I was right there in front of her, but... numb.

The tears started flowing down on my cheeks as the realization hits me.

I pushed him hard as I jerked my hand away from his and ran towards the room for her.

"Tae!" I heard him calling my name but all I could hear was her screaming in my mind,
Her bruised face, her crying state,  Her smile, her mole right under the nose, the first kiss we shared, her soft hands....

"Tae stop!"

I just couldn't leave her like this.

She was the flower in my dead forest and we grew the tree together in our lives.
She was the one who helped me moving on from my past. But who knows that she will become my past one day.

I ran into the room without caring the burns I suddenly felt on my body.

"Haya! Babe, are you there?"
My voice cracked at the name of her.
The room was fully burnt, the flames were still there.