Issue 1: Humble Beginnings

With great power comes great responsibility...you've heard that phrase before. It's been said throughout many years and it's true to this very day.

When someone is gifted with power, it's not a privilege. It's a gift. It's meant to be used for what's right. Some don't often realize that or they do, and in the end, they don't care and use it for whatever selfish desire they have.

This is a story about a hero being gifted something great...and using it for something even greater.

What is this hero's name...? It's-

"Luz! LUZ!!!" A voice cried.

Luz Noceda yelped as she was practically shaken. She shot up out of her bed, looking around rapidly. "I'm up, I'm up, I'm up!!!"

"Good! We're gonna miss the bus! Hurry!" Her twin, Vera 'Vee' Noceda exclaimed as she grabbed her bag and then ran right out of the room.

Luz's eyes widened and she rolled right out of bed, rushing to her closet. This wasn't the first time that the Noceda Twins were almost late, nor would it be the last. Thankfully, Luz usually did decent under pressure.

After throwing on some clothes and her signature hoodie, she nearly fell right down the stairs before waving her arms around to keep balance. She sighed in relief and then ran down the stairs.

Her mother, Camila, just watched with a smile. "Luz, Vee, calm down! You're not that late."

"We've only got about 10 minutes before the bus arrives, Mama!" Vee cried as she grabbed a slice of toast and bit into it. "Besides, we have that field trip at Wittebane Enterprises! Ready, Luz?"

Luz nodded and then rummaged through her bag a little. "I've got everything...wait, wait! Shoot, I forgot my lunch!"

Then, a gentle voice laughed before a lunch bag was handed to her from behind her. "Already prepared that for you."

Luz sighed in relief and turned around to see her father, Manny Noceda.

For a long time, Luz looked up to her father. He taught her nearly everything she knew, and to say the two were close was a massive understatement. Luz loved her mom just as much, but she found herself connecting more with her dad sometimes. That didn't mean she cared for her mother any less. Simple as that.

She smiled and took the lunch, putting it inside her backpack. "Gracias, Papa! ¡Adiós, ustedes dos! ¡Estaremos de vuelta!"

Camila smiled and waved. "¡Que tenga un buen día! ¡Saluda a Hunter de nuestra parte!"

"Don't get run over by the bus!" Manny called out.

Vee waved as well before following her sister out the door. The two ran as fast as they could before stopping in their tracks at the bus stop. They both sighed in relief before giving each other a fist bump.

"That was a close one..." Luz sighed. "Sorry for making us rush, Vee."

Vee shrugged. "I was the one who wanted to binge the rest of Monster Slayer Academia anyway."

"Yet, you still woke up just fine." Luz said with a grin. "So...whaddya think Wittebane Enterprises is even like? Hunter's told us about it, but we've never seen it."

Vee hummed. "Probably very fancy."

And she wasn't wrong. Wittebane Enterprises was the principal supplier for the military and dedicated themselves to creating revolutionary technology whether that be medicine, weapons, or even brand new inventions. It was bound to be 'fancy'.