Issue 30: Break-Up

Spider-Witch swung across the city as her heart raced. She was wearing a demon that had not only nearly killed a thug...but attacked Amity.

The suit...it was changing her.

"O-Oracle..." Spider-Witch realized. "T-that was this suit!!! I...it used my body and...and kidnapped him!!! H...he was telling the truth!!!"

She then landed on a building, beginning to breathe faster and faster as she started pulling at the suit's oozing exterior, but it started clinging to her.

"G-get off!!! GET OFF OF ME!!!" Spider-Witch screamed as she kept pulling, stumbling backwards before suddenly falling off the edge of the building she was on.

She fell and actually crashed onto the hood of a car. The car's alarm went off and the demonic mouth of the suit returned, with Spider-Witch screaming in utter agony.

And for a moment, the ooze of the demon fell off her face and revealed her regular white and yellow-eyed mask underneath. Spider-Witch quickly realized this and tried to pull more of the suit off, but it quickly reattached to her face and suddenly shot a tendril, swinging her away from the noise.

Spider-Witch then managed to grab onto the edge of another building, pulling herself onto the roof as the tendril retracted again.

"...sound...you hate sound!" She realized as she scrambled back to her feet and leapt off, shooting a web and beginning to swing through the city as fast as she could.

But as she swung, a voice suddenly began to speak.

"Stop! You don't know what you're doing! We need each other!"

Spider-Witch ignored the pleading demon as she swung into her destination: The very top of a church...and staring her in the face was a large bell.

She began walking over to it, but tendrils shot from her back and grabbed onto the edges of the way she got in, trying to pull her back.

"I...WANT...YOU...GONE!!!" Spider-Witch screamed as she shot a web at the bell and tugged with all her might.

The bell began to ring and once again, Spider-Witch fell to the ground, both her and the demon screaming in pain.

"S...STOP...WE...WANT...TO HELP...!"

Spider-Witch grabbed her web-line again and pulled, causing the bell to ring even more. Her screams echoed throughout the church alongside the demon's.

The screams only grew as the sound kept painfully burying itself into Spider-Witch's mind. She let go of the web-line as she curled up, covering her ears. The sound seemed to be hurting her as much as it did the demon.

But then, the demonic voice returned to her head. "WE HAVE SEARCHED FOR A HOST...AND WE WILL NOT GIVE YOU UP!!!"

Then, tendrils sprouted out from the suit and began holding her up, including stopping the bell from ringing.

Spider-Witch tried to lift her arm, but the suit forced it back down. She screamed as the suit suddenly began wrapping her in a dark cocoon of some kind, surrounding her sight in pitch black.

She began to see again moments later, but the demonic suit and even her regular suit was off her. She was back in the city, but it was empty.

Luz's eyes were wide before she recalled the nightmare she had a few weeks ago...she slowly turned her head as her eyes widened in horror.

A shadowy figure with a pistol quickly shot down an all too familiar face before running away.

"DAD!!!" Luz screamed as she dashed over, falling to her knees as she cradled her father's cold body...but the moment she touched it, it suddenly turned into ooze and wisped away.